Ferrari SUV / FUV Purosangue Wild Speculation Poll : What Engine, Power, Price? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SUV / FUV Purosangue Wild Speculation Poll : What Engine, Power, Price?

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by FerrariFR33458, Feb 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Ferrari SUV / FUV Purosangue Wild Speculation Poll : What Engine, Power, Price?

1. V8 Turbo

48.2%
  2. V12 NA

16.8%
  3. Electric Hybrid with short range similar to SF90

18.2%
  4. Electric Hybrid with significantly longer range than SF90

32.8%
  5. All-Wheel Steering

40.9%
  6. All-Wheel Drive

67.9%
  7. Total HP >500

27.0%
  8. Total HP >750

44.5%
  9. Total HP >900

7.3%
  10. MSRP <$300

40.9%
  11. MSRP >$500

29.9%
  12. MSRP >$700

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Soul: Present

26.3%
  14. Soul: Absent

37.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    To many new models in my estimation, Im sad to see Ferrari go this route . I can remember back in the 70s and 80s and 90s, they released one stellar mid motor mounted machine...at a time...76 was the 308, 86 was the 328 , then the 348, then the 355, then the 360 then the 430..Can u remember how excited you were to see that ONE NEW MACHINE JUST OUT THE THE FACTORY ??? It was a nice pace for the company, you knew all the models, now Im so Fn confused as to which is which ??? I did not mention the F40, F50 Testa rossss they were awesome super car releases to go along with the other mid mounted V8s in the same production years. . It was not hard to remember each models specs. When the 328s , 308 s 348s . 355s , they where either Berlinettas , targa tops. or drop tops.Ferrari also made race versions of these cars that where not street legal,I think thats correct. Anyways, I hope this post makes some sense Oh and I forgot, I was always able to remember whats years of production for all Ferrari models, Now I Cannot

Thank you

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  2. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Agreed. If you asked me today what models are current then apart from 488 and Portofino I'm not exactly sure. Then on the website...

DGPF likes this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Unfortunately as a public company, an SUV is almost a certain requirement nowadays to maintain profitability as the markets for the firms get wider and more competitive. I don’t see Ferrari being able to avoid it if they remain public, which above see,s to be questionable

If they do produce one, they will need to make the most special one ever so they make it almost impossible to get, and therefore maximise the profit while limiting production. I think it will end up with 4 wheel drive, steer and traction/stability, of course, but a road mode where suspension can be properly reduced in height (not just 20 mm like a range etc).

Engines, as per yesterday’s prediction, they will need hybrid V6 or V8 entry models, and then a V12 masterpiece edition, I’m guessing pricing a little under 488/F8 for the base, 50/80k uplift for the full fat monster.

One thing is for sure, there will be a waiting list, they will sell out before they are launched, and no one will drive them and not feel better than every other SUV, just like the rest of the range. Sad as it will be, I will be buying one to replace the Range Rover, as let’s face it, the worst off reading I do is once a year towing my gardener out of a ditch in his Defender, or maybe hoping a kerb around traffic, hardly mountain climbing. Generally, it’s a fast method of getting a large amount of passengers and/or luggage to a place or airport, and I’d rather have a Ferrari for any job

Zadoc Rb Gibbs, DGPF and jpalmito like this.
  4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Alfa Romeo SUV stelvio quad is not bad, actually!

jm2 likes this.
  5. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Paul,

As I said before, I have nothing but awesome respect for the gentleman you are, and that started long before you being my fellow moderator and long before I ever thought I’d ever be moderator.

Many times, one takes greater pleasure in disagreeing with a friend than agreeing with most people, and that’s exactly the case here. Don’t know if I’ll be able to convey it properly, but sometimes I do expect you to disagree with me, like a voice of balance and reason. That’s how through your eloquence I end up rethinking and questioning my own thoughts, and that’s how one grows and improves as a person and a member of this community, and you contribute to both in my case.

As for the last part of your intervention, I agree Ferrari will profit quite a lot with this new SUV. If they’ll use that hefty revenue to built proper supersports cars is somewhat less clear from where I stand, once I foresee two potential hurdles:

1) The brand wanting to.
    2) Government agencies letting them, due to environmental policies.

However, I do hope some good comes out of this new Ferrari marketing and production strategy.

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

DGPF and paulchua like this.
  6. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Jack, you do have a point. I hadn’t thought of it that way. Who knows, maybe given enough time, I’ll get used to the idea!

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

paulchua likes this.
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Mate, I totally agree, but not quite big enough, otherwise I’d have bought the Mrs one last week when her car came up for replacement. She picked an E class cab as it was, but mine comes up shortly, but I looked at the Alfa and the Levante, but although I like them both a lot, just a bit smaller than the range sport I have, and really I’ve settled having to get a full size rangie SV

8. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Its a very different world out there today, I do believe in buying whatever makes you happy, I will always be a Ferrari is in my blood person, Im just sad that Ferrari isnt the rare breed that it was years ago .One more disappointment is the exorbitant prices of these cars that puts Ferrari fanatics like myself way of contention. I really do love the 488 GTB and Spyder, Im not a fan of paddle shifted cars, but this machine is so beautiful that if my pockets were much deeper, I would buy one despite the the electronic gearbox...

daytona355 likes this.
  9. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Do you like SF 90 rear tailights ?

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ferrari has too many models. 3 should be the max. That has ways been the run. Front engine, rear engine, and a "4 seater". Such as the 355, 575, 612..or the 328, 412, testarossa.

They are saturating the market, and seemingly forgetting about the cars they have produced in the past, which are still available for sale on the used market. Ferrari is no longer that mysterious car. It's just another appliance with red paint..

sixcarbs, 09Scuderia, DGPF and 2 others like this.
  11. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    Ferrari killing the gated shifted was an infinitely greater sin than making an SUV. If Ferrari would just make a light weight six speed Dino successor they could build a frickin' pickup truck for all I care.

Zadoc Rb Gibbs and Andy348 like this.
  12. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Regardless of your opinion of CH as an automotive journalist, he does make some interesting observations regarding the future of the industry, The apparent reliance of manufacturers on that sweet sweet SUV money and the potential risks of relying on public opinion make for a less appetizing future.
    Perhaps if the FF had been more successful, there may not have ever been an FUV.

AtomicPunk88 likes this.
  13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Emissions regulations and performance killed the stick shift, three pedal cars.

14. bertha01

bertha01 Rookie

Sep 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    bertha ales
    I vote : Electric Hybrid with short range similar to SF90[​IMG]

C50 and pilotoCS like this.
  15. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    poll missing 300-500 option

16. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    Testarossa has 2 seats.

17. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Good eye
    I’d edit it if possible
    Bummer bc that’s a reasonable range, especially once optioned.

18. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    412 has 4..

19. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    damn..
    need eyes checked.

20. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You and me both bro..

SCEye likes this.
  21. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    the good thing about a offering a Good SUV is assuming it sells maybe it will allow Ferrari to offer an NA V8 special car like the Porsche GT3 ... nice 9000 rpm 4.0 liter 13.5 compression ratio screaming engine ... probably would not do a manual trans .. but building cars like like the SUV could allow the luxury of building a few thousand of these ...

22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Only in your dreams unfortunatly !

LARRYH likes this.
  23. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
  24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002