Fixing rattle in top of dash | FerrariChat

Fixing rattle in top of dash

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by keith davidson, Aug 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. keith davidson

Aug 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    keith davidson
    New to the Ferrari would, would love some help. I have a 12 California. Has a rattle in the top dash under the speaker grate driver side. Seems like something is loose. I can put my hand on it when I drive and it keeps it from rattling. Anyone know how to remove those grates under the windshield to take a better look and secure?

2. Steve Dawkins

Steve Dawkins Rookie

Jul 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve Dawkins
    Hi
    Did you get a fix for this as I have the same rattle
    Cheers

3. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    I have similar on my 812SF. Rattles over slightly bumpy roads.

4. Tito1969

Tito1969 Karting

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tito Kabir
  5. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Suspect I will ask dealer to take a look at next service. Will report back if any nuggets of information shared by dealer as to what caused it (assuming they find the causes of course).

6. Andrew Leather-Barrow

Oct 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Andrew Leather-Barrow
    #6 Andrew Leather-Barrow, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Hi all rattlers,
    I have recently (as in today ) removed and refitted the Grill trim that you are referring, to enable fitment of a DAB aerial and updated sat nav antenna, the trim is held in place with spiked one way trim clips, the trim comes away very easily using a plastic trim removal tool (£5.00 a set eBay) once you have prised out the grill you will then have to bend the metal trim retaining clips back in there previous position to enable them to grip again (all will be very apparent when disassembled) when done, to re assemble, just place the grills back in the position carefully aligned and firmly push down until you hear a satisfactory ”click”.
    Job done
    The trim grills are interconnected so in the car looking out the order of dissembling is RHS LHS Center

I hope this helps

cheers
    Andrew

R J and AD211 like this.
  7. Tito1969

Tito1969 Karting

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tito Kabir
  8. Steve Dawkins

Steve Dawkins Rookie

Jul 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve Dawkins

9. Steve Dawkins

Steve Dawkins Rookie

Jul 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve Dawkins
    Cheers Andrew, I’ll give that a try tomorrow

Andrew Leather-Barrow likes this.
  10. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Many thanks for the details. Not brave enough to try. With my luck (heavy handidness) I will break something. That will be worse than the rattle rattle rattle rattle. Buzz. Rattle rattle. Time to send back to dealer...