348 small module identification | FerrariChat

348 small module identification

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Porsche Barry, Dec 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Porsche Barry

Porsche Barry Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Barry Johnson
    Hey guys, I pulled these from a 348 Challenge and I cannot find any info on them. They were beneath the dash somewhere from my recollection but the electrical diagrams are a bit underwhelming with info from what I’ve been able to find.
    Anyone know what these are? I’d like to part with them but need to know what I’ve got first. I found the third part I have is the ABS (antiskid) computer but that was easy to identify.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Looks like the control module for the automatic seat belts which were installed in the USA market cars.

3. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Tom is correct. They are the control units for the passive seat belt system (mouse motors). One for each side of the car.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    For more info see this thread, along with the attached document.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/mouse-track-shoulder-harness.599867/

Here's Ian's updated wiring diagram from Post #46 of the thread above.

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/[email protected]/Ferrari348/F348GTB&GTS_Passive_Type_Seat_Belt_Wiring_Diagram.gif

Attached Files:

Qavion likes this.
  5. porphy

porphy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2009
    LouisvilleKY/Switzld
    Full Name:
    Randall Gatz
    #5 porphy, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Are these wiring diagrams valid for the Mondial T or specific to the 348? The diagrams for the other versions 1-11 (I think) are no longer available in Fchat as I expect they are too old??

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    And if they are control module for the mouse belt, then they are worth absolutely … nothing. Nobody wants those belts.

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, not sure, Randall. The ECU part number is the same for the Mondial and the F348's, so they should operate in a similar manner. However, there were wiring differences between the earlier and later 348. There's a 9 pin connector under each seat for the mousetracks: On older TB/TS's, all the pins were used. The 9 pin connector included wiring for the seat belt reel. Only 6 pins were used on the newer GTB/GTB. They had a separate harness running to each seat belt reel from the ECU. Looking at the parts catalogue for the Mondial, it looks like they have a similar setup to the early 348's.

The diagram above was based on a very basic Ferrari diagram which I developed using data from owners. There are still a few unknowns regarding the internals of the mousetracks.

Do you have a problem with your car? The folks on the 348/355 forum may be able to help.