430 - Michelin PS4 | FerrariChat

430 Michelin PS4

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Dec 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Seems these are the best tire choice for my 991 GT3 RS and I guess also for my F430 Spider ?

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Have them on my 430. Love them. Lots of grip and quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. c6vette

c6vette Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    St. Petersburg
    Yep me too. Buy em. Much better than the pirellis that were on my car when I bought it

4. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I have the Pirelli’s on my f430 spider… I actually really like them. Set at 32 all around cold. I’m excited when I run through them if I like these, it sounds like the Michelin’s will be that much better

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    PS4S is a great tire for sporty cars and family cars, but definitely not the right tire for a GT3 RS.

get some performance tires, like RE71R, A052 or Rival S, etc... they are on completely different level than PS4S.
    if you only drive in dry weather, you can go crazy, 3R, Trofeo R, Cup 2 (regular Cup 2 is very model specific for performance, Cup 2-R is on another level).

GT2-RS came standard on Cup 2-R, GT3-RS came standard on Cup 2.

Skidkid likes this.
  6. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    For road use I love the turn in at moderate temps - a tyre that really eggs me on to throw the car around. This is in England during summer between 18 and 28 ambient. The Supersports on my other cars are unapproachable at low speed road temps, but get better and better the harder I go. Still not a track tyre though - at least not for multiple laps.

7. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    thks guys, sounds ideal for road use only

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I’ve had my car with PS4S tires on the track, and they are quite good there, too. Like any tire, you need to watch tire pressures and not let heat grossly over-inflate them. While fresh Sport Cup 2 tires have better grip, the PS4S come reasonably close, yet with fewer compromises (4S has less noise, much better wet and lower temperature grip).

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

9. Dnewmar1

Dnewmar1 Rookie

Dec 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    David
    They’re great on my 430 on the road.

i run a 20” combo of 245 in front and 325 in the rear. Understeer is kept to a minimum and the car has more than enough grip for any turn I can take on the street.

Steering response isn’t laser sharp, however.

10. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    Michelin fan here as well, PS4’s but stock sizes.
    For road use you just can’t mess with the all around performance and reasonably quiet ride.
    And you won’t be screwed if it rains...

Manda racing and JaguarXJ6 like this.
  11. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    It seems the PS4 in 285/35/19 is hard to find right now. Anyone have any leads on who may have 2 in stock?