Ferrari ROMA | Page 70 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YAHABO

YAHABO Rookie

Feb 16, 2016
    When is the configurator going live?

llk likes this.
  2. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    The dealer configurator is on line for them but I haven't heard any time frame for the ferrari.com configurator or option pricing.

3. BMWfreak

BMWfreak Rookie

Aug 20, 2005
    #1728 BMWfreak, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Guys, I still can't decide about it, specially that front drilled grill in single color that might look like something is missing... I suspect that might be ditched in the "facelift", meaning in sub-model :) or derivative model:) But in GENERAL... it is starting to grow on me... Yeah, it does remind me (heavily) on Aston Martin, the new one specially... The one from future Bond movie in 2020... But at the same time... I like that it is STEALTHY.. I would go with the silver/gray one (not sure about the interior yet)... Or maybe even have one spected in VANILLA SKY colours (black)... to try to "replicate" that GTO 250 as much as possible... yea yea... original (specially in black) will be better but 60mio (even move had fake one)? :) I wonder what the sound will be like.. Hope it will be subtle... This might be my fav ferrari now/target :) Anyway, just for a reference/info... From the classic (or from OVERALL to be exact - meaning top f cars I would have - as someone mentioned before - highschool dreams are the hardest/truest:)) ones, I love F355 and 348 in spider editions :) But really love the SUBTLE Ferrari GTs also :)

Astrid.Didier and jm2 like this.
  4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

However the V12 in the Lusso is a dry sump.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Another great picture and more I see the Roma the more I like the car elegant lines. Because cars normally look better when seen in person than what they do in pictures I can't wait to see this one with my own eyes.

elmadi, Caeruleus11, furoni and 5 others like this.
  6. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I am totally in line on this one...love the elegance and think w the tech and shape it will make a fantastic daily driver. With that said, how great would it be if they dropped a 12 in the front.

MDEL and ingegnere like this.
  7. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    James Bond meets Ferrari. Sophisticated, Elegant, Infinitely Cool.

perrinnation likes this.
  8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  9. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  10. BMWfreak

BMWfreak Rookie

Aug 20, 2005
    #1740 BMWfreak, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Nice, latest video (3:01)... (from 4h ago):
    BTW... found out later that it seems that front grill could be spected BLACK etc... Very nice, to be able to fade it out.. I can't seem to feel it (for now) :)

BTW2... Seems the clip is very modern, in tune with times... It promotes equality... One for him, one for her... They even finish at the same time or in other words... they both come together, at the same time ;)

EDIT: Found out someone already posted the video (from FB source)... But anyway... Also I love what Ferrari is doing, more "Bond" style cars... since AM had so much mess since the DB7 (ownership switch, identity crisis etc.. - in my views anyway) :) Also Ferrari is a wizard to me that he can be so innovative and profitable at the same time.. with rather very low volume for car industry... Much to do with strong brand that received much of income from other sources also... Also, many companies would like to be associated with it even at zero direct additional profits... So there we have it.. almost like magic:) Many are trying to repeat it, unsuccessfully :) In fact, I could be a little provocative and say that its "early" unreliability issues helped the brand! Since not everyone could own it even when older... unlike PORSCHE etc... Just my views man! :) Been "studying" this F-car phenomenon for quite some time... Was always more towards Lambos, AMs and PORSCHEs (from the engineering standpoint)... besides some what I consider "the ferraris" like F355, 348... TS.. those were simple "the ferrari" in "my times".. no model, just "ferrari" :) But over the years I learned to appreciate the philosophy, the brand, the identity, marketing position... their strong ownership position.. in other words "not for sale"... but still many have tried and are trying... beyond that "RACE" experiment:) Ok a little longer post.. Just to let it out to see if resonates with someone.. If not, pass the post pls :)

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  11. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I pass the post.

BMWfreak likes this.
  12. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    Thanks for posting the video

I really like the approach to reach out to cultured folks (urban living, educated, well attired and groomed, enjoying the spice of life, people to be admired)

BMWfreak likes this.
  13. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I think the Roma is a serious faillure. The radiator grill is the worst, ugliest thing I have ever seen on a Ferrari. The proportions of the car are all over the place. Identity crisis. Ferrari apparently wanted to make a statement by taking a different turn. They should have thought twice when mounting these cheap backlights. These wouldn't look too bad on a common Camaro or so. It's just vulgar ugliness, good to impress the new bling bling generation. Absolutely nothing to do with class or prestige. Doesn't deserve to be a real Ferrari, imho.

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    In agree with everything you say...but only if you're speaking about the SF90 :). IMO the Roma is an absolute triumph in terms of design, together with the Monza they are absolutely to notch design wise, and the more i see it, the more i like the car, if i was in a position to buy any Ferrari this would certainly be the one. I agree about the v12, such an elegante car should be mated with such a refined engine.

15. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    100% true, none can say the ROMA is not a beautiful car, you may say it doesn't look quite like a Ferrari, but it's impossible to say it's not a beautiful car! because it's a very beautiful car indeed, and as for the V12, I guess for a daily driver car, a V8 is quite enough.

16. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I am increasingly aware that people are insatiable. Ferrari launches Portofino. Not good because it is perforated that looks like a sieve. The Superfast comes out. Not good because it is a F12 smeared and confused. The SF90 is here. Not even that is good because it is distorted and looks like a Corvette :D:eek:. You want a true pure and elegant front-engined Granturismo like the old GT. Roma arrives and this is not good either. He looks like an Aston Martin. Mouth too big, mouth too small, too gray, too high, too plastic. How boring.

Swear to heaven for Pininfarina to come back. I would like to remind you that Pininfarina pencils also included this: https://img1.stcrm.it/images/1196440/1000x1000/5-hyundai-matrix-2009-21.jpg

Don't waste your words on Roma, which is a Ferrari! Wait to unleash yourself for the Suv / Fuv / Crossover. Here, that will really be a distorted creature that Ferrari will not even remember the color! Like the Urus, like AM suv, Bentley, Rolls Royce and so on

17. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Pininfarina has a vast array of portfolios, they design trams, trucks, yachts etc. You cannot judge a company by a Hyundai MPV.

Italdesign also designed the DMC12 and the BMW M1, but also penned the Morris Ital for the renowned for reliability British Leyland.

isot likes this.
  18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Nor it seems is there anywhere any time frame for deliveries.........does anyone know better ?

19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Completely agree
    Too jaded to appreciate things. some should taste the feeling of frustration to enjoy things again.