812 Superfast in... the rain! | FerrariChat

812 Superfast in... the rain!

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by GameMaker, Dec 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I don't typically run the car in the wet a lot, mainly because I didn't think it would be fun and I don't want to have to constantly wash it either.

However, living in the rainy pacific northwest the winter is pretty rainy. The last couple of days in particular have been wet and I've had occasion to drive the 812 quite a bit.

Wow wow wow wow, wet mode really works. This car is very confidence inspiring in the rain. I'm starting to think I should just drive it more in the wet because it does such a great job.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but, don't be afraid to flow it around in the wet.

Napoli, Caeruleus11, Foxmod and 5 others like this.
  2. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    Michelin or pirelli?

3. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Keep enjoying it in good health

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Fabulous! We all know Ferrari is the master of engines, but you can see, they are also quite masterful of chassis and the electronic systems. I think the Manettino is a brilliant interface. Bravo for using it!

MDEL, uhn2000 and Jordan68 like this.
  5. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Currently running Michelin Super Sports.

Caeruleus11 and ryalex like this.
  6. VladimirB

VladimirB Rookie

May 16, 2016
    Moscow, Russia
  7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Pushed an 812 really hard on a track in the rain, it was brilliant.. amazing technology!

MDEL, mthompson2376 and Jordan68 like this.
  8. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Did Hockenheimring last year in the rain in my F12 - very entertaining but also challenging. Wheelspin in 4th and 5th gear down the straight keeps one awake.... But managed to stay on track unlike Vettel.... :)

MDEL and Thecadster like this.
  9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    After Vettel went off-track, did he immediately complain to track officials that it was YOUR fault?? :) :)

10. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    Derzko

11. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    I recently drove an 812 on track in the wet...it was utterly brilliant. Very impressive in the wet!

12. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Driving the Ferraris in the rain (especially on track) is amazing and more fun, I explain to friends, RACE mode lets you slide and move the car quite far before all the systems kick in to stop you having big accidents, CT off let’s you take complete control, WET mode let’s you do exactly the same as RACE mode in the rain. It’s like a team of engineers have been over the setup of the car for wet conditions, and not simply b dialling back controls and limiting power, obviously the car is slower in wet conditions but that sort of makes it more fun as you have more time to control slides and make adjustments. WET mode really is just RACE mode for wet conditions. These cars are simply the best cars I have driven in the wet (for fun factor anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

R J likes this.
  13. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    In 2017 during Ferrari’s 70th anniversary commemoration at Estoril circuit I drove my F12 in the rain the all morning. I was the first to go on track and started with the manettino positioned on race. While coming out of the 4th curve which is tight, and without pushing the accelerator to the bottom, the F12 started drifting without warning but I managed to control the car avoiding the gravel. The remaining curves before the long straight the slippage feeling was always present therefore on the second lap I changed the manettino to sport. Then the F12 felt very different and I was always in control of the car. I reached 250 Km/h on the straight braking at the 200 m point while normally on dry conditions that’s done at the 150m point. Curving fast in these conditions the car sometimes wanted to drift but always in a very controllable manner. After doing many laps in these wet conditions I can say that I was very impressed with the overall behavior of the F12 because the car never felt dangerous or uncontrollable and is a lot of fun to drive.

CETH likes this.
  14. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK