430 - 19K mile '05 coupe w / manual tranny conversion? | FerrariChat

430 19K mile '05 coupe w / manual tranny conversion?

Discussion in '360/430' started by centerpunch, Dec 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. centerpunch

centerpunch Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2008
    OH / NC
  2. Hypek9

Hypek9 Karting

Apr 9, 2012
    Australia
    Cheap for a manual even if converted. Can’t see you losing out

3. centerpunch

centerpunch Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2008
    OH / NC
    Well, it's an auction, ending the day after Christmas. The final bids may be noticeably different than the current bid.

What do you guys think this car might be worth?

4. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Boy that is a wild card. It has some miles on it (no worries for driving only for resale) and no doubt that a manual conversion is going to have some effect on the resale as well. I'm going to guess it will go for $120-130K if there are no other stories that go with it.

5. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

The bigger problem that i see is there seems to be an issue with the mileage

Hypek9 likes this.
  6. centerpunch

centerpunch Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2008
    OH / NC
    Mileage looks like a recent simple misread to me, it's not some weird 5 years ago mileage jump.

7. centerpunch

centerpunch Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2008
    OH / NC
    What are current ballpark market ranges for a 20K mile F1 coupe and a 20K mile 6-speed coupe?

8. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I don't know but you raised a good question. But mileage issue put aside, id put the price above an F1 and below a factory manual shift car using same mileage/year

9. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That car should bring 300k.

APA#1 and rennspeed like this.
  10. centerpunch

centerpunch Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2008
    OH / NC
    I'm new here, but not an idiot.

11. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I would NEVER buy a car with this 6-speed manual transmission modification, I can't believe it's already up to $80k, I'll bet the buyer has nothing but problems with it.

12. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    I think it's worth $115k. Swap itself probably cost around $10-12k. Cool package with the suspension and wheels, but I don't add or detract value for those. I wouldn't worry about the integrity of the swap, it really isn't that difficult a job to do, just the parts are on lockdown and nearly impossible to get. You buy this car, you don't worry about its value, you are a driving purist. Look at it compared to the 6-speed Gallardo market at $100k+ and ask yourself what would you rather have to drive? I would take the 430. If it was an '08-09 model year 430 that was swapped, I could see it bringing $130-140k with the right wheels and carbon options. But this will always be a bastard car....and I will always love it.

13. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    EAG and Art?! This is the guy that got arrested, right?

imahorse likes this.
  14. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Scud nailed it, 115-120k max. I think it's a nice car but too many shy away from modification even if that is a OEM supplied 6spd.

This is easier to overlook with other marques. In the import scene particularly, my used trans is worth $6-7000 which is ridiculous, unobtainium new $9000-10000 for trans alone. Parts only for a T56 magnum swap with warranty is $5750 without labor or any other necessary parts like TCU, pedals, clutch master, slave, and reservoir.

Buy it, drive it, but it's always going to take the hit in value not being factory. I would have been enticed by it if I hadn't settled on an F1.

15. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Do you really know what you are talking about or just shooting from the hip?

driller1, Apollo 11, imahorse and 2 others like this.
  16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Will be interesting to see what the fickle bat market says about this car.

I can never predict how those auctions go.

Apollo 11 likes this.
  17. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Modifying any of these cars from original factory specification is a personal choice. The only reason to do it is for that individual’s personal enjoyment. Nothing wrong with doing a “conversion” as long as you don’t mind taking the hit when the time comes to sell it. BTW beautiful car.

G. Pepper and LorenzoR like this.
  18. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

What experience do you have that you say this? Heres the way i see it. If theres a DIY guy out there who is hacking parts to convert a car then yes. Hack job at best. But if some converts their car using all genuine OEM Ferrari parts bought thru Ferrari or a reputable parts salvage car business then its cut and dry. This is why when i converted my car i saved all my reciepts and documents of every part i bought. Ill add that 2 weeks after converting my car i drove it 1200 miles to pittsburgh. Using all genuine ferrari parts is the way to go. So im sorry but your statement is baseless

recoil and Eric C like this.
  19. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    It's a baseless post.
    Yeah nothing but problems. You know.. like the F1 lights going on and it doesn't shift. And the only way to know what is happening is to connect it to an SD2 that you have to have the car towed to? I personally don't see what you can fudge with the conversion? The ECU's maybe? but the car will still run even if there is a fault... BECAUSE IT'S A STICK. The installation of the parts is next to impossible to screw up. You're just screwing on parts. FYI I laugh behind my keyboard at all the idiots that comment about how they'd never buy a converted car... when the next post in the section is about F1 issues.

20. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Exactly, and there are 3 F1 issues on the first page here rite now

Eric C likes this.
  21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I guess if you want to convert an f1 car for the gated experience... can’t you just save the parts to convert back to f1 upon sale?

although I just can’t see an f1 bringing in a better price than a properly done gated car.

22. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    If the original window sticker on your car says F1 transmission then your car is no longer factory spec. It doesn’t matter if you used all Ferrari parts. It’s a one off conversion. You’re dreaming if you think there’s value in that. It’s your car. Do what you want. But the demand for 6 speed cars is a fantasy. The value on the factory 6 speed cars is high because so few were made. Not because folks want a 6 speed.

23. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Perhaps... let’s see what the bat car brings in. I’m a data guy.

24. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    ChipG and rennspeed like this.
  25. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

i cant speak for others but im not worried and didnt do it for value. I did it cause i love shifting and also i dont have to worry about going down the road and a fu light ( yes i call it an f u light) coming on saying guess what you have to call a tow truck and then post a thread on here about f1 issues which there are 3 of them on here now. I drive more worry free and i dont have that uneasy feeling that the f u light may come on