360 - E10 (Ethanol) fuel? | FerrariChat

360 E10 (Ethanol) fuel?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Araneae, Dec 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Araneae

Araneae Rookie

Sep 30, 2013
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Remco
    Since October 1st, all gas stations are obliged by law to sell E10 fuel (10% Ethanol). The last time I drove the 360 was before October so it's sitting in winter storage with E5 but at some moment i will have to re-fuel :p

I tried to find some info but all I could find is that pre-2005 Ferrari's cannot be fueled with E10 without issues.

What are the issues of a 360 running on E10?

What to do, can the car be modified for E10 compatibility? I read about adding a fuel stabilizer but if E10 eats the fuel lines or something that won't help much.

2. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    In the state of Illinois, USA we have had E10 fuel for years. I have not had any difficulties with this amount of Ethanol in the fuel in any of my vehicles. I have a 2005 360 Spider. US cars have been built with the capability of running E10 for quite some time. A number of our legislators have been pushing for E15 but that has not been enacted and I believe that E15 can cause problems especially in older engines.

3. Araneae

Araneae Rookie

Sep 30, 2013
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Remco
    Thanks! Interestingly, > 2005 built Ferrari's are listed as compatible with E10. You may own one of the E10 compatible cars. Mine is a 2001 I believe. I'll gain experience how the car runs / behaves on E10 but would rather avoid damage or a fire :)

4. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I had a 2003 360 for 2 years here in IL. No problems running what I presume was E10 (although I believe the pumps say "up to 10% Ethamol).
    Sent from my Galaxy

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    My 2004 (Nov 2003) has no problems with E10, either.

6. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    1999 360 3 pedal car ...... been running on 10% fuel in AZ for years. No problems so far. I don't think it would be an issue unless you let the car sit for a long period. Mine has sat idle for up to 3 months and had no problems with start up or driving.

7. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    No problems, however always add stabilizer before storage.

8. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Seems to me that I have noticed that the gasoline in my cars and motorcycles doesn't stand for more than a month or so before smelling "bad" like old gas. Never noticed that some 10 years ago. However, with that said, I have not had any carb gasket deterioration or other problems that many folks suggest about using E10. But yes, I now use a fuel stabilizer in all my tanks when I fill up the vehicles or bikes I don't ride often enough.

Not an issue with the 360. I like driving it too much so it never sits more than a couple of days!