Average running cost for an F430? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Average running cost for an F430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Catalyptic, Dec 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dnewmar1

Dnewmar1 Rookie

Dec 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    David
    hi dan,

I sent you a PM. Would love to chat!

whatheheck likes this.
  2. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I’d say plan on 3k a year. Some years will be less some will be more. That seems to be what mine has cost me over the past three years. Now this will also vary greatly depending if you diy, Indy, or have Ferrari service. I diy and Indy depending on what is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius

Ouch. Yes, older Ferrari windscreens seem ridiculously expensive. I had my windscreen on my 550 crack. It was even more than what you quoted for your 430. It was covered by insurance but then took a hit on no claims protection, you can’t win.

If things go properly wrong on a Ferrari, that’s expensive, for sure.

whatheheck likes this.
  4. NYFAIM

NYFAIM Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2015
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Howard R.
    The actual service costs on an F430 are not that expensive in the grand scheme of things. Fluids changes are relatively inexpensive. I also think that these cars are relatively reliable but there are plenty of issues that can cost money to get them fixed. So it's up to each individual owner to decide how much they want to pay. So absolutely you can probably get by with spending $3000 a year or less. However given that they are now 10 to 15 years old, you start getting into more involved preventative maintenance. Stuff like engine mount replacement (easy) and transmission mount replacement (not easy). Ball joints will likely need to be replaced at some point. Leaking camshaft covers need gaskets changed (not easy). These are things that will gradually deteriorate rather than flash a check engine light.

whatheheck and Tamahal like this.
  5. Catalyptic

Catalyptic Rookie

Dec 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Thanks alot for the pdf Dan, I am taking a look at another f430 tomorrow, so this will come in handy!

How much louder is your car with the AP Headers? Cops in CA are all over you the min they hear any loud car, sigh..

9k is crazy expensive for a windshield, I may stay off freeways for some time after purchase to avoid that possibility haha

whatheheck likes this.
  6. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I've had my '08 430 couple years now and it's been solid! As soon as I bought it I did all the fluid changes, oil, trans, F1. Did all the work myself. Had to replace the right wheel bearing after hitting a pot hole, which was pretty easy fix. Just recently replaced the oem manifolds with a aftermarket and no cel light. Just did it as preventive. Car is absolutely a blast to drive! Good luck in your search. Great time to buy a 430.

JaguarXJ6, Catalyptic and whatheheck like this.
  7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    You're welcome.

Kline exhaust is fairly quiet at idle, gets a little louder than stock at wide open throttle. It comes with a wireless exhaust valve controller so I can open it up anytime. I'm lucky, no noise restriction here in Washington state.

Come by my house anytime for a test drive and also so you can hear the Kline exhaust in person.

Windshield: Unfortunately, it's a risk we all take Everytime we take our cars out for a drive......Avoid driving behind trucks especially dump trucks.

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk