Modded 308 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Modded 308

Discussion in '308/328' started by Austin Newman, Dec 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Those are two completely different versions of the BBS RZ wheel family - single piece vs 3 piece, both factory BBS, nothing converted about those. I don't imagine you could safely convert a single piece wheel into a centre for a 3 piece wheel - I sure wouldn't trust driving on it!

There are BBS wheels available already in 3 piece - these E50 BBS wheels were sold by some Ferrari dealers as options when the cars were new. I bought this 16" set 5 years ago in great shape... but even with the polished lip, the dimensions and offsets are the same as the stock 16" wheels, 7" wide fronts, 8" wide rears Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Here is an example just probably a larger size and a bit lower than you're looking for. Think it looks cool though.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dino246gt likes this.
  3. Austin Newman

Austin Newman Karting

Dec 18, 2019
    Memphis
    Full Name:
    Austin Newman
    Exactly what I’m going for but just like
    U said... not as low(still want to drive it) and not as big) those are 12k HRE wheels

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Good stuff! Well there aren't many here that support these types of mods but I'm all for it. I would look at 18" Rotiforms...these two I like for the 308/328[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tubi Sales likes this.
  5. Austin Newman

Austin Newman Karting

Dec 18, 2019
    Memphis
    Full Name:
    Austin Newman
  6. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    3200-4200 depending on the finishes you want. They have those styles as well...all customized

7. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I don't feel like checking my notes/tech manual, but I believe the low point on the oil pan is about 5.25" from the ground. Consider how little distance that actually is, and combine it with the height of the average taller speed bump. Drop the car lower if you like - it's your car - but at least do be aware of the reality that the 308 isn't very high to begin with.

And at the risk of debating aesthetics, this ://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191224/cfb36fefb97bd6a0b36bdb4a67a3c060.jpg

...looks completely ricer and stupid. I'll grant that the stock gap is about 1/2" more than I'd like, but going into the land of "camber stance" just invites mockery. There is a theoretical good relationship between body vs rim vs gap, and that particular image demonstrates no clue what that relationship should be.

8. Austin Newman

Austin Newman Karting

Dec 18, 2019
    Memphis
    Full Name:
    Austin Newman
    Well said.... to that point, it doesn’t even really need to be lowered... stiffer springs would help handling and then bigger more modern size wheels 17/18 and that’ll close the fender gap and visually it’ll look lower

9. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    You might be surprised at the result; I've changed from OEM to poly bushings, and though the handling has improved (perhaps), the overall ride quality has suffered. It's not as if the 308 is a slushy car to begin with.

10. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    If you're looking for stockish 3 piece then you might like the image f40

://www.imagewheels.co.uk/f40-alloy-wheel/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

If you have something else in you head I can probably do custom 3 piece for around $500 if its 308 like.....it depends how much milling, a bbs type design is morr like $700 I'd guesstimate done as a milled billet center vs cast

308 milano and jferrante like this.
  11. Austin Newman

Austin Newman Karting

Dec 18, 2019
    Memphis
    Full Name:
    Austin Newman
    Yeah ill feel it out for a while and see how it feels. At the end of the day I’m not tracking this car...so a bit more comfortable of a ride isn’t a bad thing considering the cars and coffee runs ill make with it lol

12. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Question- If you go with larger tires/wheels to fill the wheel well gaps aren't you changing the aspect ratio vs stock? This would have the effect of making your car accelerate slower? I don't think that is a trade worth making (even if it looks better).
    Thoughts??

13. Austin Newman

Austin Newman Karting

Dec 18, 2019
    Memphis
    Full Name:
    Austin Newman
    Mmmm those are very nice looking.. and yeah ideally id like to stay with the traditional look with a modern twist...

14. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Generally larger wheel means smaller tire and total diameter doesn't change ..unless he goes 20s then this would be the case

thorn likes this.
  15. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    If you don't change the diameter, how does it fill the wheel well better?

16. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    ....by lowering the car

17. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I guess you just use the stock tires and wheels and lower the car. Same difference?

18. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Wasn’t someone else trying to source a used oil pan a while ago?

thorn likes this.
  19. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    There are a couple of aftermarket shock options that will allow you to lower the car bit and fill the gap, while keeping stock 16". It does look nice to have the extra half inch to an inch gone, that's me it's not worth the expense or road risks at present.

ferrariowner likes this.
  20. Austin Newman

Austin Newman Karting

Dec 18, 2019
    Memphis
    Full Name:
    Austin Newman
  21. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
  22. Austin Newman

Austin Newman Karting

Dec 18, 2019
    Memphis
    Full Name:
    Austin Newman
    Yeah i wouldn’t want to alter any aspect to the originality of the car

23. Austin Newman

Austin Newman Karting

Dec 18, 2019
    Memphis
    Full Name:
    Austin Newman
  24. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    A couple years ago Igot a quote of $2100 for a set of 4 of the image f40 wheels (and would have bought them until they sent an email with a political message I found unacceptable). I'm sure the hre are better but I'm not sure 4x better.

Also a place like
    http://wheelflip.com/

Has the parts to make about any size 3 piece wheel you could ever want. I spoke to them and they also have blank centers which let you make any design center you want. I can get finished wheels out of China for about what the US places charge for parts but they can certainly help you with whatever you want.

25. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006