NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 10 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    There is a difference between a car that is designed for specialty markets and a regular production car such as the Pista or the F8vs.

The goal posts are being moved here to claim that an F8 vs is going to be created.

How many monza did they create?
    How many J50 were brought to market?

It’s is unlikely that a successor to the Pista will be created as a regular production car without GPF.

2. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    so there will be 3 all new cars? suv, v6, mid v12, anything else?

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Well here is another Speciale example that the Italians didn't get; the 1992 348 SS. They built 100 numbered cars for North America only. Canadian market 348 with pictures taken in 1992 of this new factory delivery car. Note the unique finish for the front grill instead of the usual black. Also on the interior picture, no mouse motor for the seatbelt like the American version was stuck with.
    Just because Ferrari doesn't sell a car in Italy doesn't mean they won't build that car for another market.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11, crinoid and Shadowfax like this.
  4. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    To clarify, I am not certain they will make a regular production car sans GPF just for non euro markets; however, I fully expect special edition models will be made that do not comply with euro regulations. I’m talking limited production models.

For regular production models, I could see them produce a different exhaust for the other markets. Remember that US spec Senna’s have much louder exhaust than their euro counterparts. It would still include GPF (too costly and complicated to entirely remap the engine), but would not have to comply with EU noise regulations. This seems very plausible to me.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes I agree with you. All of a sudden we went from a. Regular production f8 vs to a one off. The former is likely not the happen, the latter , quite possible.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  7. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    That seems like a mule based on the 488, I doubt that the production body will look anything like this. (At least I hope so)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecadster and Doug23 like this.
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The SF90 looks very similar to the 488 in terms of design language - I would think Ferrari is going to keep the language consistent aka Aventador/Huracan. Time will tell

Thecadster likes this.
  9. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I can’t get into a 6 banger Ferrari, I know Dino, but that was not originally badged as a Ferrari. I want a V8 or V12, I really can’t understand the big bucks people paid for the Ford GT with a a 6 cylinder. Just my worthless opinion of course!

Solid State, jim g, anishka and 3 others like this.
  10. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    When the SUV launches presumably that will kill the Lusso. Same buyers?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    All opinions are respectable. That said, we must come to terms with the new reality. F1 uses 6 cylinders nowadays, as it did in the '80s, and at the end of the day it is not about the cylinder count, but the overall driving experience. I am a sucker for N/A V12s, but the world is changing...

Shadowfax and jumpinjohn like this.
  12. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    That won't be difficult considering Ferrari no longer makes the Lusso.

13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Sure would be awesome if Ferrari would make a mid engine V12 again.

14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    According to Chris Harris and a few others the SF90 is not exactly flying off the shelves, although supposedly 'sold out'...

Wondering how Little Brother will be received in the brave new hybrid world?

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    * a day late and TWO cylinders short. :eek:

Shadowfax and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  16. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    Haha. I actual love the concept of the car if wet, would come in at ~3100 lbs or less.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Not true. There are waiting lists at several dealers I talked to (and those are waiting lists for VIPs, not walk-ins).

Il Co-Pilota and F142George like this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You will be hard pressed to find an SF90 allocation anywhere in Europe. Not flying off the shelf? That's as wrong as can be.

I doubt the LB will fair quite as well. That V6 might be hard to swallow for many. I know it is for me.

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and jim g like this.
  19. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Respectfully I don’t usually disagree with you but......

Lower price point and solid technology with allure of brand (pre purosange) will sell like hostages as we say in the US. Maybe a holding place car for some between models, or an aspirational buy just over the 911 turbo with just enough brand resemblance to keep the buyer happy. Shields are shield. Mostly new to the brand

Shall we wager a drink?

ScottS

20. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    If, with a lot of wand waving and praying, it's what the SF90 should have looked like and has a high revving F1 style V6 turbo with KERS... and costs less than said SF90... I could be interested

Thecadster likes this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Nailed it.

22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Not digging the V6 concept or the hybrid or the turbo or the likely lack of sound and don't expect much from Manzoni in the looks department. High rev welcome but not enough to make up for the others so not going to be interested from a buyer perspective.

Astrid.Didier likes this.