Why do people with no Ferrari hate those that do on this site? | FerrariChat

Why do people with no Ferrari hate those that do on this site?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by daytona355, Dec 24, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’ve noticed a trend where we have some members here that proclaim they are aiming to buy a Ferrari, or have always wanted one but can’t afford it, or whatever, and then those very same people can be found trolling the threads attacking those that already own one, or own several.

It’s a bit like the people that go on Facebook, have lots of friends including their wife on there, then have an affair with one of their Facebook friends and is surprised when his wife finds out through a post on Facebook - duh.....

It’s quite annoying when you get these guys in a thread, or on a sales thread, where they suddenly act like they know everything about the ownership of a particular car, try to pick holes in a story or road trip blog, give the seller what for about the price, or the problem they are having, or just take the piss out of the owners story in some way and try to denigrate him, and all the while they have no knowledge whatsoever of the cars they are talking about. They have never parted with a couple hundred grand to buy one, have never had to suffer the disappointment of a very expensive breakdown, never looked at a potentially bankrupting service bill.

on the whole, I’m sure the vast majority of us came to fchat to talk Ferrari, to find out about our cars and the company, or the race team, and meet ideally like minded people, people that would inevitably go through the same euphoria of ownership as us, and also experience the lows these toys can bring, and get tips on how to reduce the financial impact!

why do people feel the need to ‘get one over’ on ferrari owners, is it really just jealousy, or is there something more sinister afoot? It definately makes it weirder when to read their profiles, or their own posts in other threads, they act like ferrari is their only love, and obtaining one is the fulfilment of a life’s work.... so what gives?

peteficarra, glob1971 and energy88 like this.
  2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    jealousy is an emotional cancer

SonomaRik, DGPF, Nuvolari and 18 others like this.
  3. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Seems that way. So crazy, many of us would enjoy meeting these guys to talk about our cars, take them for a spin, encourage their dream to own one, but they would rather alienate themselves

Forza Ferrari, F1’s most successful team

pearsonhaus likes this.
  4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Hi Sid ,also dunno the answer to this ..

Anyhow tis Christmas Eve , open (another) bottle and enjoy mate!

[​IMG]from your old mates on the F1 forum ..well whats left of it;):D

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Thats very true Sid... ppl
    Should be inspired but they get jealous instead !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  6. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I have not seen that on here so far, Im sure it is, it would take a lifetime to go through all the threads, with that being said, Im sometimes jealous that I cant afford to own the cars that most of you boys can !! lol

Thank you

7. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Niddildikkitis is out there. Fortunately, it's not very contagious, though not an absolute.

8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hey man! I have seen! I’m unfortunately banned from mentioning said sport in any thread otherwise I could be banned apparently.

I’ll raise a glass for you putting up with it still, nice to be away from the ******** for me to be fair! I’ve actually joined Facebook strictly to discuss the sport that may not be named, and have been accepted into lots of groups, so I have my outlets! They don’t mess about on there, you are a fan or post constructively, or you aren’t welcome

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think we all get jealous don’t we?, if we are honest, but In my experience, we don’t knock those people, we are in awe of them to a point.

Sometimes, probably more in the for sale threads it has to be said, there may be some nice comments, then someone will start posting nonsense about the model, or the poster, or the specific car, or listing faults it may or may not have, costs that may or may not be legit, and yet they have never driven one, let alone owned one. I feel sorry for the poster whose pride and joy is being dissected by someone with little knowledge of anything

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yeah, it’s nuts. When I was a kid, I would try to talk to the owner of a nice car to work out how I could get one, and knuckled down to get there. I’m not very clever, just clever enough to have worked it out. It’s a shame many think they deserve one of you have one, but wouldn’t consider the sacrifices we may have made to get there

stavura, PTG1, sammysaber and 2 others like this.
  11. rocket50

rocket50 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2004
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Rod
    #11 rocket50, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    I think all people start out with very little knowledge and want to show the world how much they know. It is just the human condition. I see this in other non Ferrari groups I am a member of as well. I really love this graph. It explains the lack of knowledge and willingness to share wondefully. I also believe that people do not like to see others succeed when they may not be enjoying the same success (jealousy as already mentioned).

https://imgur.com/r/psychology/jbo2gy5

Attached Files:

randkin, Ferraridoc, energy88 and 7 others like this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I like that graph!, I’m in the valley of despair!!!!!!

13. rocket50

rocket50 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2004
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Ah. But at least you have the knowledge to recognize that!

daytona355 likes this.
  14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    please give examples.

back in the day before a real Lamborghini forum established itself we had Lamborghini guys hungry for social interaction trolling Ferrari owners on FerrariChat. It was a time of the biggest drama and moderation work, but also pretty exciting. The good and the bad.

you see all kinds on FerrariChat, I would like to see examples if this is a couple guys you've seen or really hundreds and hundreds (out of 180k users) that your post makes it out to be.

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Who said it was hundreds and hundreds, I didn’t. But there are countless examples in the threads. I’m interested to know what makes these things happen, I don’t think anyone can eradicate it from happening, it’s like getting your car keyed when it’s parked, or having nasty notes put on your windscreen, some people can’t help themselves.

Along with the answers in this thread, I think sometimes it’s going to be exuberance, maybe sometimes it’s someone having too much to drink maybe and posting rubbish, on some occasions people don’t get on and it’s a chance to ‘get even’ maybe

I think you guys managed to stop a lot of it when you changed the rules in the classified sections to limit posts on a sale thread, but you still see it sometimes when it slips through the net

16. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Marin Calif
    I'd reply and agree to reference the seven deadly sins.
    Perhaps gluttony.
    LOL
    Merry Christmas.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I would just like to analyze specific examples, that's how we can learn, not just bitching about it at high level and not seeing what action can be taken.

18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    A person can certainly be very knowledgeable about certain models without owning one. And not owning a Ferrari does not mean they are jealous of someone that does. I've been here 14 years without owning one, but I have made contributions to the community, play well with others etc.

As Rob suggested, supply details....I have found this forum to be fairly moderated over the years.

19. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Another great thread on F Chat, I have to agree with all that has been said. I will continue to run my business as best as I can, and maybe I can afford to buy another exotic ! Ferrari, Or Lambo And I will always be in awe of those that have been able to achieve their stable of machines.
    Merry Christmas !!

20. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yep.... Why is that? Almost makes me wish I'd studied psychiatry, but I'm not convinced they know either.

daytona355 likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    they're notorious on fchat - drives me nuts - check out this usr: noone1

anunakki, stavura, Cigarzman and 2 others like this.
  22. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Unfortunately a lot of people think the world owes them “one”.

whilst I’ll admit I can be envious from time to time, there is always somebody with more money than you so no point in being jealous; but as long as you are happy that’s all that matters!

have a great Christmas everybody and try to survive the relatives intact!!!! I find alcohol helps!!!!!

stavura, PTG1, kes7u and 6 others like this.
  23. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    Work hard to make your own life great... each person should do the effort to create their definition of great... tailored to their personality, to their desires...

I have the impression that a lot of people spend too much time looking sideways... looking what other individuals aspire, achieve... social media and car fora make that even worse...

Personally, during 95% of the car conversations... I sadly don’t share my passion by talking about my own (mini-)stable... just because a lot of people can’t interpret that passion from a healthy perspective... even one of my best friends is (very) jealous. :-(

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Absolutely. I have taken kids to proms, friends and clients to their weddings, even took a widow to her husbands funeral in an Aston once, as I like to share the cars with people, they are created to be loved.

anunakki and plastique999 like this.
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    As time goes on, I've actually seen the trend go down. More then half the trolls seem to be teenagers, and since kids these days seem to have less interest in cars, we see less trolling.

For sure it happens, but I actually find it super funny and entertaining when does.

rampante550 and jpalmito like this.