612 HGTC 6MT | FerrariChat

612 HGTC 6MT

Discussion in '612/599' started by -K1-, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hi, I note that with the exception of at least member ARED4RE original car, there don't seem to be many/any 6MT with the HGTC packages. Would it be possible to retrofit the package (how to you buy one of those I wonder?) or create something similar with after market parts? Would the result be something quite amazing as I read that owners who love the OTO or HGTC tend to dislike the standard car with the F1 suggesting that the 6MT might leave a bit to be desired in the handling department. However, other owners rave about the 612 6MT, without the HGTC extras. Max Girado and Chris Harris were raving about one on an RM Auctions video.

Would love to hear from the forum. I was lucky enough to get a ride along in the 355 Modificata and wonder if something similar could be done with a 612 6MT. Basically get a 6MT 612 and uprate the shocks or ECU, near roll bar, near exhaust and some CCBs.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    We have at least one owner here who installed parts of the HGTS (HGTC included CCMs) kit on his 612. This included stiffer springs and a larger rear anti-roll bar, plus a sport exhaust system and some trim for the exhaust. You would need a dealer with access to MODIS to lead you through the process and see if Ferrari will sell the parts.

3. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thanks Taz, any idea what that package would cost and how do you think it would go? In the UK, there is a 6MT for sale asking around GBP 100k with 30k miles and a couple of OTOs for GBP120-130k with half the miles so if it costs about the difference it might be money well spent. I recall you mentioned that the exhaust alone cost about $14,000....

I would be interested to hear what people think would be better to drive if you could basically get the same HGTC car with a 6MT or if the F1 is going to be the business. It seems to me that with the FF and GTC4 Lusso coming out, now one big selling point of the 612 is the MT box but that comes with the less desirable suspension etc.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Kenji- The parts were surprisingly inexpensive back when he did it, probably because there was not much demand. I have no idea what they would cost now. What you really need is just the HGTS springs and rear anti-roll bar and then keep and eye out for a used set of mufflers after some owner puts Tubis or some other exhaust on her. You really need a dealer to tell you what you need because the online parts catalogs only show one set of springs, and we know that is not correct. They show three rear anti-roll bars, but we do not have enough data to know the differences like we do on the 575M. MODIS will have that info, but you need a dealer with access.