F355 service in Seattle 2019 | FerrariChat

F355 service in Seattle 2019

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by suleyman, Mar 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. suleyman

suleyman Rookie

Apr 22, 2014
    PNW
    Lots of older threads, (circa 2008) but anyone with recent experience with service and maintenance work on their F355 at either FoSeattle or Group2 Motorsports?

Looking to do annual service work (not a major service) and a capristo exhaust upgrade. Prefer a place that i can stick with over the years to come.

2. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    I think quite a few go to FoSeattle. I saw mshobe's 355 there a few years ago. I have used Veloce in Lynnwood in the Cats Exotics complex. I think there is a guy named Dave that is a mechanic at The Shop that has done engine out service on the 355 among other vehicles.

For an annual I think any you or I listed would work. First thing is quality, then location and cost.

3. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    I would second the opinion on Veloce. Josh is easy to work with and knows what he's doing. Plus you actually will get your car back in a reasonable amount of time.

f355spider likes this.
  4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I have an F430 and I too am looking to establish and build a relationship with a local Ferrari independent mechanic as dealers just simply charge super super premium prices.

(FoS quotes: F1 Clutch replace $15K, Throw out bearing replace $7.8K, Windshield replace $9.1K, Valve cover gaskets replace $3.2K, Front & Rear brake replace $5.2K, ) etc.

I tried Group 2 already for an A/C issue and F1 Fluid Flush and they were just OK. Their prices are close to the dealer prices after factoring in the 10% FCA discount so might as well take my car to the dealer.

I heard of Josh at Veloce Motorsports in Lynnwood so I will contact him soon. Any feedback about Velocemotorsports would be much appreciated.

I have not heard of any other reputable Independent Ferrari mechanic in the Seattle area.
    If anyone knows someone they can recommend kindly share info please.

Thanks very much.

Dan

5. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    I brought a non-Ferrari to Group 2 Motorsports last year and probably won't return. I paid $350 for a two-wheel alignment only to be told the car still pulls because according to them I need new a-arm bushings -- then quoted me $3500 for a full suspension rebuild. Also paid well over $100 for an oil change on an '80s Alfa Romeo and they used synthetic, so now I have leaks -- always used conventional oil with 3k-mile intervals before. Their labor rate was $135/hr if I remember correctly, which is more than I ever paid in California even. When my car wasn't in the shop, it was left parked across the street in a dirt lot and filthy while the shop's owned cars were in their garage and paved lot. Got my car back filthy too -- for what I paid, they didn't even wash it.

RJHD3 and whatheheck like this.
  6. Federal man

Federal man Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2018
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Mark Higinbotham
    Somebody told me Veloce was moving from next to Cats in Lynnwood to somewhere Redmond.

Has anyone ever used Shannon Low and Randy Johnson at Authertic Motorcars in Redmond? I have dealt with Shannon for several years and he has always been a straightforward legit guy. I believe both he and his mechanic Randy Johnson came from Ferrari of Seattle. I believe their labor rate was around $125/hr last Shannon quoted me. 425-440-3880 In the old Sea-Ray boat dealership building.

7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Mark,

I spoke with Josh of VeloceMotorsports. He said he will eMail me a quote to have my clutch TOB replaced.
    He also mentioned that he is super busy right now as they are in the process of moving to Totem Lake in Kirkland as he's outgrown their current location in Lynnwood.

I also communicated with Chuck. He also spoke with Josh about his clutch TOB issue and he's waiting on Josh to send him a quote.
    Similar to Chuck we are both anxious about getting our car fixed so hopefully Josh can fit us in soon.

Chuck did mention about Authentic Motorsports in Redmond and that they do have a Ferrari mechanic there so he will contact them soon to get a quote.

Competition is always good to have, so now looks like we have 2 other Ferrari Indi mechanic around our area besides the dealership.

Will keep you all posted to share experience with the Indi mechanics close to us.
    '
    Dan

8. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    That's exciting to hear that Veloce is doing so well. I was always happy with the work Josh did on my car. BTW, should also probably mention Dennison is a good resource as well.

whatheheck likes this.
  9. rajagopalan_Kg

Apr 18, 2016
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Raj G
    Checking in to see how your service experiences were with Authentic or Veloce. My 360 spider is coming up for service and deciding where to take it. Thanks!

10. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Sorry just now getting the chance to provide an update. Very busy at work and at home.

My first time to try Veloce Motorsports and I can say Joshua Orr did an outstanding job on my F430 Spider.

My car runs great again, no more transmission oil leaks and I did check his work by dropping the underpanel tray and everything is super clean, everything is put back together properly & all bolts were torqued to specs with inspection seal marks applied to the bolt heads.

I highly recommend him.
    Tell him Dan Loyola sent you and I assure you he will take very good care of you.

It's always nice to have good options if we dont feel like taking our car to the dealership.
    Plus, with all the traffic, trash, homeless, shooting, crime, etc - I try to avoid Seattle as much as I can.
    Joshua's shop was in Lynnwood. I understand he outgrew that space and his new shop is now in Totem Lake area.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Federal man and rajagopalan_Kg like this.
  11. rajagopalan_Kg

Apr 18, 2016
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Raj G
    Thank you Dan. Appreciate the feedback. I'll talk to Josh and/or Randy soon and share my experience here.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Federal man likes this.
  12. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I'm happy to share that one of the top Ferrari Mechanic in the world Mr. Mark Glenwood has moved back here to Washington State and has set up shop in Arlington.

It's nice that we now have 2 great Indi Ferrari Mechanic options here in Seattle area we can take our cars to for service & repair.
    Both Josh and Mark does excellent job and charges fair & very reasonable price.

Here is Mr. Mark Glenwoods contact info below.
    Tell him Dan Loyola sent you and I assure you he will take very good care of you.

Dan

=====================================================
    Mark Glenwood
    7 Lakes Auto Repair
    [email protected]
    360-941-6527

Flea7 likes this.
  13. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Dan, thanks for relaying this. Fantastic news. 360 is in need of a belt service and I live north. Mark is practically next door. Great guy and great mechanic.

Flea7 and whatheheck like this.
  14. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    You’re welcome Jim

Merry Christmas!

15. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Dropped off the 360 with Mark today. I like knowing I'm getting quality service without paying for excessive overhead.

Flea7 and whatheheck like this.
  16. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Excellent!

Dan