355 headers/manifold | Page 6 | FerrariChat

355 headers/manifold

Discussion in '348/355' started by nunojcmaia, Oct 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Now it makes perfect sense. I'm sure if you continued to move a satisfactory amount of product for Tubi Italy, you would have no problem being the establish Tubi North American distributor designated by Tubi. The fact that Vivid Racing can bypass you and go straight to Tubi Italy tells me everything I need to know. Vivid Racing has done a great job here on Fchat over the years. Fair pricing imo. I think they have a good grasp on the market and what they are willing to pay and willing to make deals. Frankly, this is all that matters. We as consumers don't really care who has the title of exclusive distributor. Who can get us products at low prices? It's not like paying $4K for a set of headers is being a cheapo either. That's still well above alternatives.

tatry68 and MAD828 like this.
  2. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Anyone know a cheaper place than Eurospares in EU for the Tubis, please PM me.

3. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    That is great. It’s a nice option if someone wants upgraded materials on an already great header. Let us know when you find out the price and availability.

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I inquired out of curiosity. However, I actually do not think Inconel headers on the 355 is a good idea. Inconel parts have very stringent manufacturing processes and welds are more susceptible to cracking because of it. The margin of error is slim. And since headers are a pain in the ass to remove on the 355, I wouldn't consider it. For other cars where headers are easily removable and the manufacturer stands behind their work, I'd say go for it. Inconel will have weight savings and very good heat retention.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Shipping is heavily discounted to large volume shippers. I used to work for Johnson & Johnson, and all sales reps had personal accounts that billed to themselves, but we expensed shipping charges back to J&J. I left J&J 25 years ago, but still have my account with J&J's commercial rates billed to me. Because J&J overnights medical products to hospitals everyday, even weekends, the rates are incredibly cheap. So cheap that they sent out an email at the time, reminding everyone to only use Fed Ex overnight or three day saver services, as it was cheaper than USPS or UPS. I can send a overnight letter for $7.50. I sent a F355 catalyst to the east cost via Fed Ex Three Day Saver for $9. I've sent pretty large packages to Europe via Fed Ex priority and my friends receive them in two or three days for $28. I suspect Eurospares gets similar deals...cause their rates are very reasonable, and arrive quickly. Tubi Style certainly gets a good discount as well with their international distribution.

6. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Happy holidays !!!!!

Have a friend that weld inconel for military exhaust systems. 5 inch round tube. 1 weld can take a week as it's so thin and needs to be x rayed constantly. He has spent 6 months on 1 system but this is mission critical stuff

ShineKen likes this.
  7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
  8. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Paul,

Thank you for the kind words. With the holiday season here, it's always good to give a little cheer where I can.

PaulK likes this.
  9. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Shine,

Tom at Champion Motorsport/TubistyleNA is no longer the sole exclusive distributor for Tubi Style Exhausts for North America. Which is why we do not purchase from "TubistyleNA" but directly from Tubi Style Italy. I hope that reduces any confusion.

INTMD8,

It's technically not impossible just hurts a lot on our end when we have to do something like that.

ShineKen likes this.
  10. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I received the headers today! I can't wait to open them up and admire the handiwork!

Tubi Sales and ShineKen like this.
  11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Jesus that was fast!

PaulK and Tubi Sales like this.
  12. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Paul, thank you for making this process as fluid as possible!

Well, I try!

PaulK, ShineKen and f355spider like this.
  13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Do you have any idea how much inconel would cost? Hint: about 4-5× what factory headers cost, maybe more. Almost impossible to fabricate, bend tubing, weld,...

If you want the best, longest lasting headers, 347 SS is the ticket (only 25% more expensive than 321 SS which is already considerably more expensive than the 304 SS used by the factory.)

347 and 321 are not "usefully" harder to make into headers than 304 SS but they will hold up better. 321 can take 240ºC more than 304 making them longer lasting. 347 is what many race teams use for headers leading to turbos because of the pressures and temperatures involved. 347 SS can take 400ºC more than 304SS.

14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Here's an idea of what they might look and cost from Tubi.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/tubi-style-f430-coupe-spider-scuderia-inconel-manifolds-ferrarichat-member-pricing.605698/

15. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A big thank you to Mike for the fantastic service and communication. Not to mention the price!

I have opened up the package. A little disappointing that the box was wet. Someone somewhere let this get wet. This is not at all Mike's responsibility though as it came direct from Tubi. As a result there is some very slight surface rust on one of the headers (the one on the bottom of the box and closest to the moisture). Both have some fine metal shavings in them from grinding the welds. I'll have to find a way to get them out.

My only real question is that there is a burr on one of the ports. I worry that it could break off when it gets hot and possibly get sucked into the engine or that it could cause a sealing issue around the gasket. What do you guys think? Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tubi Sales likes this.
  16. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes I know! Anal alert!

Everything is fine. Dave Rocks says to remove the burr and move on! Yes, he knows how insane I am but only on the surface.

Can't thank Mike enough. He really took care of me. Would I recommend him to a friend? Hell yes!

Tubi Sales likes this.
  17. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    That will never leak. Just file off the burr if it bothers you. No big deal.

18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Since you are so disappointed, I'll take them off your hands to 1/2 price. :)

19. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Not at all, I am quite satisfied with them. I am just super anal!

20. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Beautiful, you will not regret it, the gasket will cover it no problem, lots of surface before edge.....

21. Ricambio

Ricambio Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    I have installed a full TUBI exhaust recently in a M5.2 with CATS, sounds amazing, though the owner purchased this kit directly in italy so I'm not sure what is the cost, however I have been tempted to get CAPRISTO exhaust for another M2.7 we have here but I wan to replace the headers as well. I was thinking to get FABSPEED headers with CAPRISTO exhaust (stage 3?) but also wanted to get a quote of fully Tubi exhaust system, though the headers are way expensier than fabspeed which makes me re think about it and see if really worth the extra cash on the headers.

22. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    I'll send you the full quote via PM.

Ricambio likes this.
  23. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I can't recommend Fabspeed. Those headers do not have any heat shielding. You run the risk of cooking wiring and even the emergency brake cable.

I bought my headers from Tubi Sales and have been extremely happy.

Ricambio and Tubi Sales like this.
  24. Ricambio

Ricambio Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    They sell optional header blankets and I also can wrapp in heatshield them personally, just did it with a set of F430 headers from Fabspeed. I wouldn't run them w/o heat shield at all. Not sure if the Tubi and Fabspeed are the same design or different paths, as 4-1 or 4-2-1 style? Anyone knows this?

25. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Tubi’s are the oem design 4-2-1. Fabspeeds are 4-1.

Ricambio and Tubi Sales like this.