Soon new owner of 458 | FerrariChat

Soon new owner of 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Denis Ivanov, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Denis Ivanov

Denis Ivanov Rookie

Dec 15, 2019
    Russia
    Full Name:
    Denis Ivanov
    #1 Denis Ivanov, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Hello F-Family. Iam very close to purchase a Ferrari Italia 458. 2011. Only 3k miles. And price is very attractive ~$107k. Iam based in Moscow, Russia. The only issues are - the car doesn’t have lift system and no led indicator. For that price I think I can leave with it.
    The question I have is the color. It’s not Ferrari Red. It’s more like a dark red color with black roof. What’s the name of this color?

Attached Files:

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Is it 2030 already?

3. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    HAHAHA......Yeah, probably the correct price for 2030.

To the OP. That car with that many miles, at that price, is a scam. Unless you meant to say $170K, then it is inline with what it should be.

4. Denis Ivanov

Denis Ivanov Rookie

Dec 15, 2019
    Russia
    Full Name:
    Denis Ivanov
  5. CWR01

CWR01 Rookie

Sep 9, 2017
    Full Name:
    Craig Rundels
    #6 CWR01, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    I am in Saint Petersburg Russia and saw that car for sale when I bought my 2013 458.
    The price is advertised at the price the OP indicated which is around 30 - 40k cheaper than some of the other 458s are going for. The color looks like it could be Rosso Mugello. Also it’s hard to tell but that roof might be wrapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If that car has a clean title, and it is in proper shape for the mileage, and you get it at that price, you will have us all envious of you!!!
    Grab it fast! If it all checks out, it is an amazing car at that price. I would put it in the "too good to be true" category.

timjen88 likes this.
  7. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    LOL Russia. Scam for sure.

timjen88 likes this.
  8. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    With 3,000 miles and if it has a clean title, yes it's too good to be true!

9. Denis Ivanov

Denis Ivanov Rookie

Dec 15, 2019
    Russia
    Full Name:
    Denis Ivanov
    Iam supposed to meet the seller next week. And will check title and tech condition. If all’s good, I will get it.

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    +1

11. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #12 up4speed, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    Wow nice! Please keep us updated. If it all checks out ok with a clean title, car fax, Auto Check, and test drive. Please have a shop, independent of seller, to do a thorough PPI, and look for flood damage signs as well. Have a body shop also look it over carefully for damage that may have been fixed without triggering a car fax (non insurance).
    If it all checks out and you purchase it, you can be confident that you got the best deal that anyone has EVER gotten on a 458....in the world!
    Whatever you do, please DON'T put yourself in a position to be scammed. Do not give them a penny, until you physically check all the things above, are satisfied, and intend to move forward with the purchase. There are some very savvy scammers nowadays.

Good luck, Sending my wishes your way. Hoping it works out for you!

12. Denis Ivanov

Denis Ivanov Rookie

Dec 15, 2019
    Russia
    Full Name:
    Denis Ivanov
    Thanks for good advice, iam very skeptical person myself. So I would triple check everything. And iam also Russian, with big love to cars, so I think I will be able to crack if it is scam.

I also think it’s too good to be true. But is Xmas time and NEw Year.... so magic should happen. Meeting the seller tomorrow.

13. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Congrats. Anxious to hear how it goes.

14. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I've learned something important in life..if its too good to be true, it is..no one will sell a good proper 458 for that price, even in Russia...also the 2 pics posted, not sure but looks like the license plate place card is photoshopped on there (i didn't click link) Why would anyone sell that car for $107K if in Russia they go for $150K plus? must be a prior salvage or a stolen car or a car with a bad story..or maybe Santa Clause is selling it...Too good to be true, or the post is "trolling"

AD211 likes this.
  15. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    You cannot check the car yourself. I hope Ferrari RU can do the test for you. Also check the stolen cars database.

No test by official Ferrari dealer including a Pre Purchase Inspection poper document; no go imo.

16. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
  17. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    OP went to buy his $100K ferrari and was never heard from again, lol..Totally Kidding, God Forbid! ...i hope OP is smart about this

18. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Denis, are you out there? What happened? You were supposed to look at the car on Sunday, and now it's Wednesday, are you ok?
    Hopefully you shock us all and say that you were too busy enjoying your new $107,000 458!

19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Have mental image of a cold foggy day meeting by the river bank ,couple big guys in long dark overcoats....lol

timjen88 and AD211 like this.
  20. Denis Ivanov

Denis Ivanov Rookie

Dec 15, 2019
    Russia
    Full Name:
    Denis Ivanov
    Sorry was celebrating NY. I’ve seen the car and met the owner. Papers are okay. But mileage might be fake, I’ve checked thru VIN all possible databases and there was 1 record saying that car has 31k miles. Iam not sure the accuracy of the database in Russia. So we agreed to check in Ferrari Russia after holidays.
    Can officials check the actual mileage somehow by car condition.?
    BTW the roof is painted black, not sticker.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Denis Ivanov

Denis Ivanov Rookie

Dec 15, 2019
    Russia
    Full Name:
    Denis Ivanov
    It was a cold snowy day actually, so we decided not to meet at the river bank, but in a warm parking. Lol

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  22. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Denis, to be honest, if the car is legitimate, and not a stolen car with forged papers, etc. and it is in good condition, I think it's still a great deal, even with 31k miles.
    I would expect a good car with that many miles to cost around $145k.
    I didn't look into it at all, but one thing I didn't consider / account for is that maybe it's so cheap in US dollars due to the exchange rate/value of the dollar in your country?

23. Denis Ivanov

Denis Ivanov Rookie

Dec 15, 2019
    Russia
    Full Name:
    Denis Ivanov
    I also think that 31k miles will stop me from my dream car!
    Exchange rate is the same in Russia for last almost 6 years. And iam paying in local currency anyway. The reason I think is that Ferrari are not that popular in Russia. There are only 4 cars 458 on sale for now in total Russia market! Next after mine is $140k but white color

24. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    So why such a big difference in price?