Karting | FerrariChat

Karting

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by GT-Don, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT-Don

GT-Don Rookie

Feb 3, 2004
    I notice in some peoples avatar, the word Karting. Is this just a level for posts or is it Carting ..i.e. go-carting? Just wondering, I'd like to watch some shifter carts if any are around.
    Don

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Don it has to do with the level of posts that you have made. It goes in steps by your post count.

Rookie
    Karting
    Formula Junior
    Formula 3
    F1 Rookie
    F1 Vet
    F1 World Champ

As for shifter karts there is a shifter cart track near 35th ave and pinnical Peak road in the Adobe Dam Recreation area. They do have races but i dont know the schedule. Also bounderaunt has shifter kart classes for less than $250.

Rob

3. GT-Don

GT-Don Rookie

Feb 3, 2004
    Thanks Rob, As I looked a little longer thru the sight I figured it was post related. As time permits I think I'll look at the Bondurant Carting class. Thanks again
    Don

4. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ
    I read your post .I purchased a new shifter kart about 3 months ago.
    WHAT A BLAST!!.Ive ran about 150 laps total.

As a beginer in karting I too will be attending the racing school you spoke of.If you'd like to look at the schedule and attend at the same class time that might be fun.

These karts are extremely fast and NOT a toy.I have been out to the track 4-5 times and seen 2 pretty violent crashes ,1 of which the mid fourties gentleman driver dislocated his shoulder,punctured a lung,broke both wrists,and suffered a spinal injury where he will NEVER walk again.ICKKY.

Bill

5. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    Where do you find this information?