Looking for *small* car transport - Canada -> USA | FerrariChat

Looking for *small* car transport - Canada -> USA

Discussion in 'Canada' started by asgor, Nov 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Could anyone recommend a small transport company to move a Ferrari from Toronto to Virginia?

I know there's plenty of large carriers with fleets of enclosed multi-car trucks but I am looking for a small, trusted company with a suitable one-car enclosed trailer and a truck who can make the run in early January.

I am looking to move an over-25-year-old Canadian car and I am taking care of all the paperwork - which is relatively simple given the car's age.

Any good experiences out there?

2. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    We. Site doesn’t seem to be working but try Marty at White Horse Auto Concierge in VA. He is a former Ferrari owner and an enthusiast. If you search him you will see other reviews in this forum.

3. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I contacted them but they don't seem to have in interest in this run across the border. Thank you for your suggestion, though :)

Keep 'em coming!

4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Totally up to you but it will cost a LOT more for a dedicated single car run. If you choose to go with a larger carrier then TFX is an expert in moving high dollar exotics across the border. I have been very happy with their service

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  5. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Point taken. It's that the logistics involved with organizing a single car run are a lot simpler.

But yes, I suspect it would be more expensive.

6. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I have used TFX door to door, when I imported from the US several years ago. Their service was fantastic. It may have cost me a couple of hundred more than someone cheaper but well worth it compared to some horror stories I have read about in some cases.

7. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    TFX is definitely on my list if I decide to go with a big rig

8. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

TFX brought mine from Montreal to Calgary. I know it was not across the border, but the service was good... and I know they do service the US. I have imported vehicles to and from the US/Canada by driving them or trailering them across myself. The process is not hard.

9. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    I ended up driving the car across the border to Virginia and doing the U.S. Customs paperwork on my own. Piece of cake on both accounts. Thanks everyone for your helpful input.