599 GTB, Kline Inconel vs Fabio’s header comparison. | FerrariChat

599 GTB, Kline Inconel vs Fabio’s header comparison.

Discussion in '612/599' started by Samuel Misrasi, Dec 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    As some of you know, I installed a set of Kline Inconel headers on my ‘07 599 a couple months ago (I do all my own work, in my regular two car garage, with no lift). They were incredibly light, the install was very straightforward and smooth, and the sound was really really great. But, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about with Fabios 6 into 1 headers. I looked into them pretty closely originally, but decided on the Klines for a several reasons, which were, -ease of installation, -heat management, -cost (I bought mine second hand), -and availability. I ran them for a couple months, and I was really impressed with the fit/finish, and their really aggressive sound (I’m running entirely catless).

However, what I really wanted, as with most, is that higher pitch F1 sound that V12’s are famous for. The Klines, by design, simply don’t offer that. So, I ordered a set of catless Fiammenghi 6 into 1’s. There was some build time, and a short shipping time, and before I knew it, I had a crate from Italy on my door step.

Fabios headers are truly works of art. The design and build quality are really great. They’re stainless steel, and are somewhat substantial in size, so as such, they’re relatively heavy - 30 lbs total for both headers and both catless downpipes.

For the install, once the stock exhaust was removed (not super easy), the Klines were very easy. The individual headers are small in size, easy to put into place, all the nuts are easy to reach and tighten, and the fitment was excellent. Lots of room everywhere. Zero issues with heat, or anything even remotely touching the headers. The 6 into 1’s were a much different story. They’re very large, and it was a challenge just getting them into place. Nothing crazy though. You don’t have to remove the engine, as was suggested by someone who had clearly never done it. The passenger header installs from the top, and the driver side installs from the bottom. The studs/nuts were more difficult to reach, and the clearances around the headers themselves are very tight. I had to modify a couple heat shields, and there are several components I wrapped with heat reflective tape/wrap to prevent any heat related issues. There are a few improvements in design that I think could be made to ease these mild issues, and I’ll be bringing these up with Fabio. With everything installed and adjusted, it all fits. No rubbing or touching, or anything that I can see that would cause a rattle.

The sound. The Klines were raw, and loud, and really had a unique aggressive sound, but didn’t wander too far from what a 599 originally sounds like. It’s a deeper tone. It’s very Enzo Ferrari. Or as someone said, it sounds a lot like the Maserati MC12. The Fiammenghi headers are quite different. It’s a higher pitch sound. Much like the GTO, as it’s the same/similar design. It really is more of the sound I’m personally looking for. It sings a bit at certain RPM. It doesn’t lose its origin though. It doesn’t sound like an F12, or a Lamborghini, or anything it’s ultimately not. On start up it sounds like a 599. At full song it sounds more like a GTO, which isn’t a far stray from what it is.

I’ll include pics and a couple videos. It’s only been two days since I finished it, so I’ll get better videos as I can (the weather currently sucks).

I don’t have much of a conclusion, other than, they’re both great options with pros and cons to each. I will be keeping the Fiammenghi headers on my car, and I’ll be selling the Klines here in a day or so, once I get some current pics of them.

Any questions or comments, please feel free to ask. I’m an open book!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 2871392 View attachment 2871393 View attachment 2871394

2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I visited his shop in person in Italy and his headers are a work of art. He's also a super nice guy who's down to Earth and very passionate about this. His 575 sounds amazing and the 599 videos I've seen with his set up make this car sound as it should have from the factory. Enjoy!

Bas and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sam, You are cracking me up with this stuff! Who else would be able to give us a comparison of the OEM, Kline, and Fabio's? I assume the power is about the same between the Kline and Fabio's? Also at this point, what are you running for straight pipes and mufflers? I had thought of possibly going to the 6 - 1, straight pipes, and hanging on to the OEM mufflers. What do you think?

Hawkeye and SonomaRik like this.
  4. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    I just noticed it blocked “F i a m m e n g h i” every time I typed it. Sorry if that’s confusing to some.

I’m currently running Larini cat delete pipes, and stock mufflers with a valve switch I installed inside the car (I run with the valves open almost 100% of the time).

Fabio was really great to work with. He’s very thorough, and easy to communicate with, and yes, his work is that of an artist. It’s too bad they’re almost entirely out of sight.

Bas and vraa like this.
  5. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    Here are a couple quick video links of Fabios headers. I’ll make better ones once our weather clears up.

brogenville and m5shiv like this.
  6. yamansen

yamansen Rookie

Apr 15, 2013
    Istanbul - London
    Full Name:
    Yaman
    Good choice! Quality person with quality product.

I have it since a year and feels much powerfull.

Do you have a tune ?

7. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    Yes, I had it tuned when I did the previous headers.

8. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Great !!!

Time will come for me.
    :)

Daniel

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Does he have a website? Does he carry other models? I am curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Google his name and you'll see his site. I believe he focuses on 550/575 and 599 headers but if you had a specific request he might do a one off.

I have his number if you want to WhatsApp him.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Old catalog, but you can get the url from it.

Attached Files:

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Thanks guys!! Supercool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    Here’s a little better video showing the sound.

1rdmanahan1, Hawkeye, cgt000 and 10 others like this.
  14. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    Here’s a hard launch video to help show the sound:

15. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It's fun, but such a waste of tires!

16. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    The sound is amazing!

Samuel Misrasi likes this.
  17. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    I could do this 100 times and still not wear out the tires. Also, I don’t put a lot of miles on it, so the tires will likely age out before they wear out. After a few years they get dry and hard, and don’t perform well. I like to install a fresh set of tires every 2-3 years on my performance cars, and I’d prefer to use them up in that amount of time.

So, while you see this is a waste of tires, I see -not- doing this is a waste of tires.

18. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Awesome, did you record a video of the Klines?

19. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    Yes. It’s a bit raspier, with a different tone:

20. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Yikes. Fabio's sound 100x better IMO.

Bas, C4YES, Makuono and 3 others like this.
  21. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Hell yes! I’d love a 6 into 1 setup on my 612.

FIN612 likes this.
  22. FNCOOL

FNCOOL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2020
    UAE
    Full Name:
    GEZEN BILIR
    Being inspired by this thread and wonderful communication of Fabio in Italy, my full catless will be installed next week. After that, next is tuning by PP Performance to adopt the new settings and also adjust O2 sensitivity. As we have luckily 98 octane fuel over here, the power band should be better while also more suitable to the heat over here allowing better gas flow.

Can't wait to have my 599 on the road.

Besides the inspiration, also many thanks to Sam for additional support by mail. Much appreciated.

23. FNCOOL

FNCOOL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2020
    UAE
    Full Name:
    GEZEN BILIR
    Sam, what is your Rim and Tire combination?

24. Samuel Misrasi

Samuel Misrasi Karting

Jun 7, 2019
    Clinton, Utah
    Full Name:
    Samuel Misrasi
    Wheels are Signature, 20x10 front, 21x12.5 rear. Tires are Michelin Cup 2’s, 285/35/20 front, 325/30/21 rear.

George Vosburgh and FNCOOL like this.
  25. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Have you sold the Klines?