Ferrari ROMA | Page 75 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    #1851 ohno, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Boy, you don't know anything. But whenever guys like you criticize a design, I know it will be very good.

Ferro458 and Senad like this.
  2. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    The line between passion and drama queen is much easier to distinguish in person discussing cars at the pub than in print discussing cars on the internet.

Dino246gt, greg328 and AD211 like this.
  3. JotaEle

JotaEle Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Smörg
    It has always been a gentlemen's thing to agree to disagree. I just don't get why is it that some people try so hard to be in possession of an absolute and indisputable truth. Beauty is subjective, (but perhaps for the case of a Citroen Ami, that one was universally laughed at). Just park the cars and go for a beer.

4. llk

llk Karting

Jan 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lewis Kasowitz
    Thank you for sharing Marcel, I appreciate it!

5. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    I love the Roma. I think it was missing from the lineup and I enjoy the lack of excessive air vents and the simplicity of the design. I also think this design will age very, very well. The grill is a very nice, unique Ferrari touch.

But I’ll be damned if I were to say it looks better than a 599. The 599 is perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

abilliet likes this.
  6. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Totally agree, I think the ROMA will go like hot cakes, even though it looks exactly like an Aston, * but it's true, most buyers don't care for these things, and in general the car is beautiful, elegant, very well priced and moreover it's a new entry level Ferrari.

The SF90 will have a very difficult time though!

7. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    As far as I know most Swiss dealers are out of SF90 allocations. They tell me it was very easy to market the car

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Thelovelyrock18, stavura and REALZEUS like this.
  8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I hear exactly the opposite and I live in Switzerland and know all Swiss dealers personally.

Marcel Massini

elmadi, vcappp, 456-boy and 4 others like this.
  9. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Very interesting info, George :D

Lei è indubbiamente un uomo interessante., Marcel ;);)

10. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    So do I Mr Massini. I am not trying to make a point here, I tried to get an allocation for a friend and was told they are oversubscribed. One of the dealers told me he has contracts for 3 cars more than he expects to receive. I got a car for him in the end through a different avenue.

Unlike you I only have the good fortune to know 3 Swiss dealers personally, but from what you are saying it appears I am not being told the truth

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Thelovelyrock18 and manya81 like this.
  11. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    I accept the opinions of others. But a person here in the forum assume that people who like the Roma have no idea about design, cars and culture. I read words like "stupidity" or "lack of background". IMO this is very arrogant and degrading. Pininfarina designed great cars for Ferrari, but that's a thing of the past! And the Pininfarina-Design was many times criticized by people like above... well, first criticized and then they have changed their opinion (as George330 described it). But let's treat each other with respect, as gentlemen do!

vcappp, greg328 and George330 like this.
  12. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks Marcel, do you have the rest of the program in pdf format you can share?

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llk likes this.
  13. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Pininfarina always collaborated with Ferrari on design and it’s always changing people at its core. Only judgements can be made are how good Manzoni is IMO and I think it’s too early for that too as results have been very mixed. Monza is a masterpiece I think and f12 a disaster IMO for example

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  14. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    How (bad / good) Manzoni is?:confused:

15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    meant 812 btw :)

16. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    The big flaw in the styling of the Portofino is the black plastic vents in the front fenders. The car looks much better when they are painted body color.

17. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Any pics of a Porto that has had this done ?

18. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I will eventually show mine. Right now I am working on a wider wheel/tire package,and the car has different wheels front and rear.

Attached Files:

redcaruser likes this.
  19. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It looks great but I can’t imagine going front engine Ferrari coupe, and not going for a V12.

20. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    And slowly, very slowly, even slowlier than Ferrari is releasing new models/cars, our beloved brand is losing its identity.

21. Cipohealey

Cipohealey Rookie

Dec 16, 2011
    London
    Sure it is, Ferrari has no identity whatsoever, people aren’t buying into the brand at all. The factory are selling all the cars at reduced RRP and car lots are overflowing with non sold cars.

What complete and utter bull......

The real world - all new models that are released and the order books are stuffed. 18 month wait for a new car.

It also just so happens Ferrari stock is one of the best performers over the past few years.

Losing its identity? Really?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

stavura, JotaEle, Senad and 3 others like this.
  22. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Astrid.Didier likes this.
  23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Very glad you took the time to post the comparison of the two examples from different designers. The 599 side view is one of the most popular PF designs ever. Really almost identical to the 599GTO. I was never really fully appreciative of it until you showed this photo. The car above it looks bland, pedestrian and unfinished by comparison. Maybe not the response you we expecting.

abilliet and Astrid.Didier like this.
  24. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    vcappp likes this.