Challenge Stradale - racing harness | FerrariChat

Challenge Stradale - racing harness

Discussion in '360/430' started by adesalos, Dec 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. adesalos

adesalos Karting

Mar 19, 2003
    Texas
    has anyone in US retrofitted their CS with 4-points harness (I think that was a European option)? how easy is the install? Where to source the harnesses? Any value / reasons to do so?

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes and not easy at all. Big job and pain to do safely. You don't want them failing when you need them most! Most places won't actually do it for you either due to liability concerns.

The fuel tanks need to be removed and a spreader plate welded on both sides to ensure its not going to rip through the bulk head. I have posted pictures before on how the factory did it. So frustrating the factory didn't offer a pre fitted chassis for harness belts and cage. Doing it retrospectively is such a pitta. Good luck.

3. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  4. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Welded front and back and you welded in bottom plates for the roll bar as well

360trev likes this.
  5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Done properly it's a fine job you have there!

RANDY6005 likes this.
  6. stikshift

stikshift Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 28, 2019
    #7 stikshift, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Wow! nice work mate. Racing seats and harness is a upgrade on my wish list.

7. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    How about do something like this? Install the harness to the roll bar?

Attached Files:

Mel Spillman likes this.
  8. adesalos

adesalos Karting

Mar 19, 2003
    Texas
    Thanks, @360trev and @RANDY6005 ... I thought that with the opening in the bulkhead behind the seat it was just a matter of installation... I am now put off by the idea of welding on the car. was the roll cage and/or the harnesses just an option for the European car, requiring some additional structural welding from the factory? sound unusual, but I trust the knowledge of this chat. @360trev; could you send me a link to the factory manufacturing of the system?

9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Bump for curious questions above.

10. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    A better option would just be to buy the Rosso Scuderia Scud that's for sale in the member Ferrari for sale section. That car appears properly sorted and the owner also appears to be a stand up fellow. jmo

11. adesalos

adesalos Karting

Mar 19, 2003
    Texas
    sorry, but I will pass on buying another car. I have had my car for years; it is all sorted, and I am just playing on the fringes to make it an even more monumental experience...