What's For Dinner? | Page 472 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    We always have good eats for the holidays. I didn’t get a pic, but did cedar plank salmon with home made cranberry sauce marinade/glaze. It ROCKED!!!
    Tonight, tenderloin on the grill... beautiful night. I have a covered grilling area. 63 degrees with a nice gentle rain. Have a houseful. They are letting alone to do my job grilling with some great vino. Can’t beat it with a stick!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NbyNW likes this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  4. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    arizonaitalian, TexasF355F1 and NbyNW like this.
  5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    got some scotch as a gift and since im not a dark liquor lover, i looked up some ways to mix it. tried homemade baileys irish cream. very easy and delicious. half and half with condensed milk flavored with coffee and chocolate syrup, vanilla. Image Unavailable, Please Login

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I had to drink some rum, a decent amount, my parents brought me back from one of their cruises. I ended up kinda liking rum a little more than before.

7. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    rum is very underrated. love meyers dark rum even though almost never drink it. dark and stormy is great drink

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Dark and stormy. It's now my go to. Don't like scotch. It's too "boozy" for my palate.

Andele, in Mesilla, NM.
    Enchilada with salsa verde.

Enchilada with salsa Rojo. Muy picante!

Our friends had burritos. Nothing "ito" about that. That's a burro!

Carne asada.

T

9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    that looks delicious.
    a good mexican restaurant near me just changed ownership and they put lot $ into renovation. went to try it out and was beautiful place and everyone was so friendly. expectations were sky high but then the food came. margaritas tasted like melted popsicle and the food like from frozen section of supermarket. felt terrible for them but they better get a new chef quick.

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yeah. We're spoiled for Tex Mex down in this part of the country. Tons of mom and pop joints. If they're not good, they don't last very long. This place and the joint in Carlsbad were good eats...T

11. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That looks so good. There must be a good Mexican restaurant around here somewhere.

12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I haven’t done much - basically nothing - with rum. I’ll try a dark and stormy soon. And I love Scotch. The peaty ones are amazing. I also love how they vary so much from around the country.

13. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Frank_C likes this.
  14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

TexasF355F1 and Frank_C like this.
  15. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    slm likes this.
  16. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Did Burger King again last night. Its close (next door) and quick...………………… My brother basically lived in Cuba. His best friend is Cuban from Cuba originally. Friend now lives in eastern Washington State. Friend is visiting Cuba for the holidays. He's bringing me back rum and cigars.

wax likes this.
  17. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #11793 Frank_C, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2019
    Whenever he’d visit, Dad and I used to have happy hour together- bourbon on the rocks. 5:00 punctual. And around 4:50 he’d let u know what time it was. Can’t even count the number of Pappy’s we drank back in the ‘00s when nobody knew about it. The last bottle of bourbon I bought for him was a limited Knobs Creek. Now that he’s passed, whenever I go out to dinner if they have Knobs Creek I’ll order one otr. If they have **** bourbon I’ll have a Manhattan. I still have 3 bottles of unopened 23 yo Pappy’s that are from ‘03 and ‘05- second release as per the BuffLo Trace Archivist. I’ll never open them.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc likes this.
  18. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I am back to work and on call all week. Finished off dinner last night with home made red sauce with left over smoked meats and mushrooms. Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Ordered in a pepperoni pizza from Papa John's. It was o.k...……………..

Thinking about heading back to Vegas. My parents might come with me this time. The pizza in Harrah's food court was pretty good. The sashimi was o.k., mediocre compared to here. But its cheap. If I go I'll leave Friday.

20. DanD.

DanD. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 16, 2015
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Sorry for the late reply. For the seasoning, we rubbed the rib with yellow mustard and put some cracked pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and maldon sea salt. Then we smoked it in an electric smoker with a few apple wood chips at 275F. We took out it out when the internal temp prob read ~117F (we love it rare!). The cooking took just over two hours (it’s unusually short since the meat was dry aged). Then we covered the rib in aluminum foil and let it rest for ~3 hours. For the sauce, we just reduced some dried wild mushrooms in water, without spicing because the meat already had a lot of seasoning.

21. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    tomc and DanD. like this.
  22. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I forgot have a doctors appointment on the tenth. So have to do Vegas after that.

Dinner with the parents tonight. Not sure where we are going. We usually do a lasagna and pizza combo from an Italian restaurant. But I'm sick of pizza. Haven't had sashimi since last trip to Vegas. So maybe it will be Japanese.

23. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #11799 arizonaitalian, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    I've always been a fan of staying in on NYE (not a big fan of crowds, let alone drunken crowds and dangerous drivers) so its always the best decision for me and my lady. We usually make a multi-course meal and drink some good vino or champagne, and embark on, umm, err, *other* activities, in celebration of a year completed and anticipation of a great new one starting.

Its 8pm in London, so I'm going to post as we go along tonight since we are several hours ahead of most of ya'll. I'll limit my updates to the foods ;)

First up was a cheese board with my favorite (Époisses) and a couple of others. Served with some fig jam and baguette. Oh, and a bottle of Taittinger. Good start to the evening...

Let us know what you are up to on NYE and what you are eating!

24. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #11800 arizonaitalian, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Next up was a canapé that Ania found online and we tried tonight for the first time. These were outstanding...homemade blinis topped with crème fraîche blended with horseradish and dill, some smoked salmon, a grapefruit segment, and a piece of fresh dill. These were a perfect pairing with the champagne. We served these on one of my Christmas presents - a handmade polish small platter that she picked up at the Krakow Christmas market earlier this month (sorta like me getting a new sports car, putting a bow on it and saying its a gift for her)

NbyNW and 95spiderman like this.