Ferrari 599 GTO bronze model for F430 Scuderia Spider owners box | FerrariChat

Ferrari 599 GTO bronze model for F430 Scuderia Spider owners box

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by bugatti16.4, Nov 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bugatti16.4

bugatti16.4 Rookie

Nov 2, 2011
    Hi,
    I am a new member here and not very familar with Ferrari literature that´s why i need your help. I have a original Ferrari F430 Scuderia Spider Alcantara Owners box. The one with the nice hardcover cards inside which seems to be very rare and special.
    I know about another collector who wants to trade his 599 GTO bronze model for this box. Is this a good deal? I am not sure what the 599 GTo model is worth and what the scuderia box could be worth today and even in the future. Is there someone here who can help me
    thanks

2. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Hi,

I have the 16M box in my collection and have seen one a couple of times on European Ebay. Asking price was usually around 700 Euros, but I don´t know if it sold for that amount. What the GTO model could be worth, I don´t know. Personally I´d prefer to have the box over the model, but that´s a matter of personal preferences of course.

Ciao,

Lars

rampante550 likes this.
  3. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
  4. bugatti16.4

bugatti16.4 Rookie

Nov 2, 2011
    hi
    thanks a lot
    so the 599 GTO model seems to be produced only for owners?
    I am not sure if the scuderia box was also only availabel to owners especially there seem to be much for sale?

5. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    The dealer that sold me the box had it on loan from the factory and had to ask them for permission to sell it. The salesman told me the box is normally only for owners and came with the car. Maybe Ferrari produced a few extra or maybe some owners sold their boxes (like some GTO owners sold their model car).

Ciao,

Lars

6. simonw

simonw Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    Sheffield, UK
    I believe that each dealer was provided with one box per 16M allocated, plus one box for the dealership.

rampante550 likes this.
  7. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    That is correct. The 16M box is a neat (and heavy) item, but the lost wax bronze sculptures are a more interesting and rare piece. It also includes a DVD that goes over how they make them. It's not a super detailed model, but very nice presentation.

8. bugatti16.4

bugatti16.4 Rookie

Nov 2, 2011
    Hi
    Thanks for your posts but what would a Ferrari collector spend for These Things? Are there more die cast collectors Outside or brochure collectors.
    There might Be also a Chance to get an 599 Sa aperta Model for the f430 Box. Is this wortht to Trade
    Thanks

9. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    I want to buy a 599 gto bronze sculpture with box, certificate - if interested please PM me.

10. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Manda racing likes this.
  11. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

12. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed