2018 488 stuck in “WET” mode | FerrariChat

2018 488 stuck in “WET” mode

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Yun chang, Nov 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yun chang

Yun chang Rookie

May 20, 2019
    So when the car heats up after 10 min, all the messages pop up on dash and it says “go to dealer” and gets stuck in wet mode. It still drives and shifts normally but it feels like a civic when u step on it which kills the whole experience lol. If I turn it off and let it sit for a minute then turn it back on, it goes back to normal temporarily but then the warnings come back. I replaced the battery with no resolve. It only has 1700 miles on it and I drive it at least 5 times a week. I’m super bummed about this issue and dropped it off at the dealer today hoping they’ll fix it for good. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Funny how it says.. go to dealer. It should say, go to someone who knows what they are doing. It needs to have the codes pulled and diagnosed. On the face of it, possibly the accelerator pedal has an internal fault.

3. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    What was the outcome from the dealership? All fixed?

4. Yun chang

Yun chang Rookie

May 20, 2019
    Still there, I’ll lyk once they fix it hoping it won’t take another week‍♂️

5. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Thanks for keeping us posted. It might benefit others once we know the outcome. Cheers.

6. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Looks like we will never know!

7. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Or even care to respond lol!

8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Poof and he’s gone!....

Andy 355 likes this.
  9. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Mdrums... i was beginning to think i was the omega man ha ha ha!!

mdrums likes this.
  10. Luisr69

Luisr69 Rookie

Dec 20, 2020
    Sunny Isles Florida USA
    Full Name:
    Luis R Jimenez
    My 488 just last week had a similar issue however no check engine light and no warning to go to the dealer just stuck on wet mode in all types of warning lights it all happen after my battery went dead and I had to jumpstart the car drove the car home order a new battery replaced it myself and lights are still on car drives normally however suspension damping in traction control on not working.

Just a month ago I lost church again someone unplug my battery tender and had a similar issue however was not stuck on wet mode in receiver to reset it after restarting the car

Let me know if someone has encountered a section please since my next stop will have to be my local Ferrari dealership

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Ruperto

Ruperto Rookie

Mar 28, 2012
    Manila
    Full Name:
    Ruperto
    Hi
    Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Would really appreciate what turned out to be the solution
    Thanks in advance

12. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    These new cars (like my 458) EAT batteries and use power constantly because there are more than 105 ECU's built in.

Keep on a tender as often as you can

Get a new battery (only $150, f.i the 74 Amps Bosch) every 3 years max. No need for expensive other types of batteries.

Please keep us posted on the "WET" problem ...

13. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    This happened to me. It ended up being the result of a 40 amp fuse that blew. Mystery as to why that fuse blew

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat