360 - Odometer changed form US units to Metric?????? | FerrariChat

360 Odometer changed form US units to Metric??????

Discussion in '360/430' started by gidleigh, Dec 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gidleigh

gidleigh Karting

Nov 27, 2010
    Coronado, Ca
    If things seem like they can't get worse.......they can. I was trying to troubleshoot an A/C issue and dropped the refrigerant valve cap. After looking and moving around hoses and electrical harnesses I gave up. I did not disconnecting anything. When I started the car I got a big red X in the multifunction screen(Where Ok sign shows up as well at the outside temperature). To make matters worse my odometer was reading in kilometers and the temp in centigrade. After checking FerrariChat it appears I have corrupted the eeprom for the dash. I took it to my technician he put it on the ob2 and checked to make sure it was programmed for the USA and it was. He ran through a system diagnostic check. The X went a way but still in metric. I went to another shop with a Leonardo he found pretty much the same thing. He tried to configure it for Europe then go back to the USA but the software would not let him. I then went to the Ferrari-Maserati dealership and the service manager gave me a blank stare when asked about flashing the eeprom.

Does anybody have any useful input?

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Talk to Rod at Francorchamps of America in Costa Mesa. I tried talking to him today and it looks like he wont be back until after the 1st. He fixes those dash's.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Brian has the perfect answer. Do what he says.

4. gidleigh

gidleigh Karting

Nov 27, 2010
    Coronado, Ca
    Thanks. I just heard about Rod at Francorchamps of America today. Tried to call but as you said he is out of town. We will see what happens.

5. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

I have a readout of the eeprom. If somebody can tell me which bytes are responsible for the euro/USA thing, we could have a cheap solution
    please contact me if interested