812 GTS Allocation | Page 9 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It depends on how important you are to the dealership. I have bought two new cars from this dealer but my 488 came from Tampa which probably set me back a bit. The 812 will be my third new car from them. I know someone said they got the GTS with only a Portofino purchase and that's pretty good but they won't get their car anytime soon. I think he was saying 18 months.

2. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I purchased 3 new Ferrari’s from my dealer but was told since one of them was not a V12 I would not be on the list for a GTS.

3. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #204 wrs, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Well I was told an 812 in the garage was a requisite before I placed the 812 order. I was told this about three weeks ago by one of the other sales guys at the dealership. I have just decided to bite the bullet and buy into the 812 in the garage requirement because I was looking to replace the 488 spider anyway and I haven't owned a V12 yet so this is a new Ferrari experience for me. At the very least now I am assured the GTS allocation, just a question of when.

Oh yeah, the salesman mentioned that my wife tooling around the neighborhood in the new Portofino was good advertising for them. That Portofino purchase got me millions of points with the wife, there is no complaint whatsoever about me trading the 488 for the 812 now. Not a beep.

RamsHmb likes this.
  4. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    I hope the dealer/GM has done enough to assure you that the GTS allocation is yours just to be certain for "no problem", bearing in mind the purchase of an 812 new now. You'd be looking at a decent hit on trade-in (if or when the time comes)

With that out of the way, being in the position to buy and spec two new V12 Ferraris. Could it get any better? Maybe, go tailor made for the GTS lol. Bravo!!!

Bundy, of2worlds and wrs like this.
  5. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I think this is similar to the Lusso for a Pista game but in my case the timing is great because I was ready to move on from my 488 Spider and the 812 is the perfect bridge from the 488 Spider to the 812GTS. The Portofino purchase has made my wife deliriously happy. Here is a picture of her testing out the Portofino in May 2018. See the smile on her face? That's what Ferrari wanted with the Portofino I think.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Damn, I knew I shouldn't of bought my wife that Bentley GTC:(

PTG1 and j09333 like this.
  7. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Money well spent!!

Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrs likes this.
  8. 500drvr

500drvr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
  9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Austin but same owner.

Autolove likes this.
  10. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Has anyone heard of an 812 GTS demonstrator being available at a dealer in Europe (ideally UK)?? Any info appreciated. HR Owen in London mentioned maybe spring 2020, but nothing confirmed

I would like to see (and hear! Still concerned about impact of GPF...) one before deciding whether to proceed with my order. I have the 812SF and love it. Trying to decide whether the new one is worth it...

of2worlds likes this.
  11. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Did you get confirmed? It is weird that even after you deposit, an allocation is not guaranteed.

12. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I'm going to spec mine at the factory in a week, if I can get them to start one I will.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    That would be great! Videos don't do it justice so first hand experience (especially from someone who has an 812) would be invaluable!

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Still waiting for allocations from Maranello...

15. Darren LEWITT

Darren LEWITT Rookie

Aug 20, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Superfast Dazza

16. Darren LEWITT

Darren LEWITT Rookie

Aug 20, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Superfast Dazza
    Can I ask which dealer told you this? I am in touch with 3 dealers including the largest who all day no allocations have been done as yet.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  17. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I think different territories may work differently - the two posts you quote are from Hong Kong and Australia I believe

18. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I have been told several times that if you were invited to the launch you would be offered an allocation, my dealer has only been allocated 12 cars so less than a third of the total Superfasts they will have delivered. He has requested more 812 GTS cars but been told no chance.

I don’t mean to be rude but I think you are not being told the correct information, [ maybe because they have filled their allocation and are hoping for a few more cars] lots have us from the UK have confirmation on my Ferrari after paying the large deposit, I am spec’ing mine next week at the factory, one guy on here is expecting his Tailor Made car in the UK this year so he must have an allocation. I turst the infomation my dealer tells me, he has not been wrong yet.

19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I suspect production of the 812 will switch 100% to the GTS this summer. If so, I would not expect them to be much rarer than the coupe unless it’s a shorter production cycle. Will also depend on production capacity - specifically whether they stop Lusso production before the GTS ends.

Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  20. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    When will Ferrari give slots to dealerships in the US for the 812 GTS? The wait is killing me.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

21. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Could be another few months according to my dealer. Hoping they are just saying that so we are happy when it is sooner than that.

22. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    they have their allocations.

Alcav5 likes this.
  23. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    If the GTS run is smaller than expected due to EU annual limits on the number of V-12 engines, a deposit check won't mean much. Unless you have serious VIP status :)

24. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    So I was in w my dealer end of week and I think I am 12 to 18 months out from now. My history is not huge but reasonable with Cali, Cali t, 458 s, FF, F12, 812 and Porto. I think allocations will be less at least initially and I don’t think production will happen until later this year. I am being told I will have a Roma sooner. With all that said, I think it wiki be worth the wait.