Testarossa Price Trends | Page 146 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Oh, so it’s not on hold? I thought you said you weren’t doing it?

2. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Another 27,000 service bill. The last one I did was 7000. Its not really for sale at 205, its just someone wanting to show off their car. Correct me if I get too low but isnt this a 85-90k car?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-ferrari-testarossa-14/?utm_source=transactionalemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bat_model_notification

This will probably end up as the lowest selling TR on BaT in the last few years if it ends up selling at all. European examples in NA go for less, plus high mileage (compared to the average), plus painted parts on it. The whole car looks freshly painted to my eye, but a paint meter would be required to check. The door cards are heavily modified for speakers as well. Engine out in 2013 or something IE you need one now. I'm guessing bid to $70k and I hope it doesn't sell but my guess the seller knows this and that it will.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well its a flying mirror , black etc so I sure think it’s worth 135-150 tops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Man I dont know about that. I think under 100k. I have an exceptional 90 red car with 13k miles that I wouldn’t expect more than 90k. Just being real. There are selling prices and dreaming prices always. Can you find a flying mirror car that sold for that much. Not knocking the car but 135-150? Would you pay that much?

6. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
  7. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
  8. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
  9. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Yes.

Attached Files:

10. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    ^ Same opinion... I wonder how many of these cars on BaT really close, I know they say sold but we never hear about a buyer who didn't come through, is BaT getting like eBay Motors where sellers would have their friends bid their cars up to make them look more desirable? I'm starting to think so

MOSS likes this.
  11. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I agree. Numbers shown dont really reflect the real sold price.

12. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I think part of the problem when looking at current prices of the tr and 512, is that we must put it in the proper context. Many people will say that both models lost a lot of value since the peak of 2016. I don’t believe it so. I think the market was manipulated by mostly unethical dealers and car traders trying to make a quick buck. This proved to be unsustainable as it wasn’t real. Right now we are still seeing some dealers trying to hang on to this by keeping their prices artificially high. I believe we have just seen these cars return to their normal value range. No more artificial manipulation. This idea was confirmed to me by several dealers who participated in this. Obviously we know there are all kinds of scams that people try to pull to make money. It’s yours and my job to be watchful and mindful of them. We know the car market is not immune to this kind of manipulation.

Natkingcolebasket69 and MOSS like this.
  13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    ive seen that's amount and even higher for diablos and countach that needed to be caught up on service

14. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I think 2010 512 tr were high at 110 k for a great example

MOSS and Zeff like this.
  15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    happy new year everyone

Shamile, Natkingcolebasket69 and Zeff like this.
  16. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Happy New Year everyone!

I saw this on a financial article I was reading this morning.

I can only see the Testarossa and other exotics coming back with a slight bounce if there is a taking of market profits off the table and a shift to tangible assets like the runup in 2015.

Right now, there's just so much supply as new Ferraris, Lamborghinis and now McLaren's are being pumped out in very high numbers....with attractive factory financing and lease options.

I think as the economy eventually slows down, those financing and leasing options will become even more aggressive to keep moving product.
    I can't see this as being good for the classic exotics contingent.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JSinNOLA, Zeff and jjmalez like this.
  17. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Saw that yesterday in the WSJ. Interesting.

Joe

Shamile likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed; economy will drive this. I think the TR is a long term investment though

Zeff and blkdiablo33 like this.
  19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #3646 ttforcefed, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Hard to see the testarossa appreciating in the future as why wldnt it have already? The countaches and 911s that are same vintage exploded so what’s the rational as to why the tr hasnt? Yes countaches and 911s are off their highs but they are significantly more than where testarossa are vs their own historical prices.

BOKE and stardoc like this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

I will take ur word over mine as u made numerous incredible deals on cars;) For
    Some reason I do
    Think the TR in 10-15 years should be in
    The 120-150 range Vs 100ish now. I guess will
    Have to follow this thread for 10 more years to find out;)
    Happy New Years!

Zeff likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Who knows - I’m a fan of the car. I guess the 10k production is the anchor for now

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    The lack of real movement in interest rates should keep people investing in classic cars over more regulated but lower yield returns. However, if these cars are over leveraged when the economy takes a turn then the sh it’ll hit the fan. I see stability in pricing coming until people NEED to sell these cars. With some advertising at $200k, I don’t get that impression so stock and demand are relatively stable with a gentle reduction year over year.

Zeff likes this.
  23. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    That's a long time to wait for such a small increase in valuation....and that's probably just keeping pace with inflation. There's way better things to put your money into. Especially since you have to factor 2 major services and better not put any miles on it.

Great and fun car to drive...yes. investment..no.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MOSS, Parnelli, Zeff and 2 others like this.