lack sf90 interest? | Page 13 | FerrariChat

lack sf90 interest?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by 95spiderman, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I’d say the opposite.

PTG1, tfazio and dustman like this.
  2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i go w cgt as collector market will favor it as the last of the manual supercars. 918 is really a stop gap measure on way to fully electric.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Personal preference, I really like the 918 but certainly wouldn't pass up a CGT either.

REALZEUS likes this.
  4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    For that kind of money, one could instead buy an F12 Tdf that looks better, sounds better, and will hold it's long-term value better.

furoni, Shadowfax, LVP488 and 4 others like this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Very good point and would certainly be my preference.

6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    If we are talking cars and not investments, the 918 is vastly superior.

Shadowfax likes this.
  7. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    A true Classic and will remain the best of both for many

jehu999 likes this.
  8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    918 may be the best super car ever made, but I can’t see it holding its value at where it current is long term.

Shadowfax and dustman like this.
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Back on topic, the title of the thread is lack of SF 90 interest. Do we even know if this is true?

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #310 Shadowfax, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Yes...looks like only minority like it.....no need to keep on about it. Interested in one perhaps? How about at half price? Looks like the asking price is a major sticking point.....along with the look of it. I think if it were priced better to factor in the inevitable massive depreciation interest may increase.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  11. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    you are wrong

stavura, F142George and REALZEUS like this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #312 Shadowfax, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    So the greater majority loves it and wants one? And, that the value and looks are there? Funny how even the poll is not reflecting that. And then there is the small matter of dormancy on the SF90 section! It must be one of THE quietest sections on Fchat....if not THE quietest?

Anyway Fwiw and, on a more interesting note, I think the 918 and P1 will continue to hold up very well in comparison. Probably the P1 will hold a bit better over the longer term.

13. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Even at half price!, a big NO :D

Shadowfax likes this.
  14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    There are cheap stuff that's pretty quick around a circuit. I'm not one to quibble about price but over time a used SF90 likely won't pay the tax on a 918, P1 or LaF.

Astrid.Didier and Shadowfax like this.
  15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'd have to say it would be no laughing matter paying big for a car like SF90 to only find it all goes down the gurgler. Although some don't seem to mind...or make out on internet forums that they don't mind. Pretty sure it's a different story behind the scenes.:D I envisage a few fists slamming down on desks or, a few broken plates thrown onto the floor of the kitchen....along with a few expletives the day the trade in price is given. There will be a whole new meaning to the definition WTF.

16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The fact of the matter is that only Ferrari themselves know if the interest in the car lives up to their expectations. Some dealers seem to turn down people who express interest though, saying that their slots are already filled for the foreseeable future.

17. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’d imagine this is accurate at some or many dealers. They can’t make too many early in ramp up.

18. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Doesn’t the poll say 65% are, will, might or ‘would if they could’ buy one? 35% dislike it. And as for the section being small, it is in its infancy - one model, not even press tested yet. In fact it seems surprising so many comments (quite a number yours) are being made about a car we know almost nothing about and which none of us can buy for another year.

stavura, ScrappyB, jumpinjohn and 4 others like this.
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #319 Shadowfax, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    In comparison to the F8 discussion and interest let's face it there is no contest....it's very very quiet on the sf90 section all things considering. As you've pointed out even my own few comments have taken on a form of majority serving as further proof of that. Anyway my apology for laboring any sore points. I do understand it can't be easy for an sf90 customer under the current circumstances knowing how a lot can happen in a year. I just read about the new Maclaren 600lt track. Looks a very impressive offering!? God only forbid what will happen to interest once they roll out the 720lt. The competition is becoming a real problem now for Ferrari ... the cars need to be spot on and cannot afford to miss any mark....and as a repeat buyer and advocate of the brand I'm just not seeing that. Wish I was but I'm not. PS. Happy new year!

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That is so funny. Someone who administrates a major automotive forum told me that the most active part of the forum is the SUV section. So there you go, SUVs are the most interesting cars... NOT!!!

You know what sir? IMHO you are just cross, for Ferrari sold you a Pista and then went on to produce a vastly superior motorcar. It seems that the devaluation of your car by the Stradale sent you on a mission. I would just enjoy my car instead of berating the newer and better car.

Happy New Year to all of you!!!

x z8 and technom3 like this.
  21. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Happy new year.
    I will take it to track when it arrives this year right away.
    I am not a fan but I am buying one for the sake of love for Ferrari and tech sucker who is into everything new.
    But who knows it will last in my garage longer than 6 months.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    I would say the opposite, Mr. Shadowfax was lucky enough to get the Pista (which is the vastly superior motorcar) .. ;) NOW THAT SOUNDS CORRECT!:D

And happy new year to you all;)

Gh21631 and Shadowfax like this.
  23. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Where is the ad nauseam button?!?

Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #324 Shadowfax, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Yeah I'm so cross and super pi$$ed off about getting a Pista Zeus:rolleyes:. Geez it's gone down so much in value I'm gonna unload it now while I can on an sf90 because it's just so much better everywhere :rolleyes: Like in your dreams.

And re that little "someone" story - cute. You surely realize that SUV you find so disinteresting also happens to be AWD sporting an excessively large wheel gap and some overhang. You see where I'm going with that one Zeus?:D As the saying goes you've gotta be careful what you wish for there Zeus. Anyway happy new year to you and go easy on that Koolaid this year ok.:D Too much is clearly not good for you and, is only clouding your judgement.

25. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, in today's market for exotics, I'd say there is significant lack of interest in the SF90. I say this though purely from a media perspective and looking at the discussions on forums etc. There seems to be practically no buzz around it already.

That might change once deliveries and tests start, but it just really doesn't seem to be attracting much attention. Just my observations though.

Shadowfax and Astrid.Didier like this.