Need ABS/ASR HYDRAULIC UNIT/ECU F430 | FerrariChat

Need ABS/ASR HYDRAULIC UNIT/ECU F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jose360Modena, Dec 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jose360Modena

Jose360Modena Rookie

Nov 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Flores
    #1 Jose360Modena, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2020
    Hello and Happy NEW YEAR !!! I recently purchased my 2005 Ferrari F430 f1 with 17,297 miles. From Independent Exotic Dealer in West Palm Beach Florida . It was purchased sight unseen . Anyhow the car is awesome , clean title ,very clean inside and out and I am very Happy with the purchased and Priced I paid no regrets !! But it has a issues and its in the brake system . My brake pedal feels soft and fades . The dealer took it to his independent repair shop in his area that works on high end and super cars . It was diagnosed that brake fluid had excessive moisture ,fluid oxidized creating sludge and paraffin build up ! So I assume brake fluid was never flush on my car ! .They remove master cylinder reservoir performed complete brake system flush , there is no fluid coming out of the left rear caliper ,they disconnect the flexible hose to caliper and found no fluid . They follow the line connection at the steel line no fluid from steel line .They disconnect the steel line from abs pump no fluid coming out of the ABS pump so they suspect ABS pump clogged/seized ..I am having trouble finding it no luck ! Cause the ABS pump is discontinued from Ferrari and the online stores. The part number is 194608 . I can try to unclogged it by dipping in transmission fluid or some other advise ?

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    This is somewhat common, I believe the units can be rebuilt.

3. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
  4. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's a ubiquitous Bosch ESP unit. If I were in your position then I would swap the electronics module (which contains the Ferrari specific coding) onto a working valve/solenoid block from a working unit of the same generation.

A non-Ferrari unit could be picked up for less than $30.

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
  6. Jose360Modena

Jose360Modena Rookie

Nov 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Flores
  7. Jose360Modena

Jose360Modena Rookie

Nov 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Flores
    I am in Florida USA where you think I can get a non working Ferrari ABS unit for under $30

8. Jose360Modena

Jose360Modena Rookie

Nov 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Flores
  9. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It doesn't need to be a Ferrari unit; that's the point. The unit/module/pump was fitted to everything from cheap city cars to Ferraris. All you need is a working valve/solenoid body. From memory the F430 uses the Bosch 5.3 ESP unit.

10. janika

janika Rookie

Feb 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jan Halasz
    @Jose360Modena , were you able to get a solution for the ABS problem you had? I have a similar issue and need a new ABS module/ pump. Thanks!

11. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    Bump, same here.

what is a part number that will work?

12. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Did any one ever find a replacement unit for this issue