NFL 2019 | Page 116 | FerrariChat

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    They played down to my expectations...

I am not sold on Green Bay, but whoever it is has to play TOTALLY turnover free football.
    And I am not sold on SF, either, they BARELY beat a Seattle team that could not run the ball
    AND had a lousy record at home.

I am taking Tennessee against the Pats.
    I think the thin-ness in offense catches up with them, and their defense
    is tired of having to win games for them. They are just tired, overall.

I like Brees because he has found two other receivers, but they do sorely miss Mark Ingram.

My thoughts exactly.
    Nick was in the right place at the right time in Philly, and played great - then,
    but they had a decent line to protect him.
    And I am sooooo sick of hearing about the 'philly special', that was a typical play,
    teams do that all the time....

GuyIncognito likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Minshew, I kind of understand, although I would guess that unless they can find someone to take Foles off their hands, that'd be a big cap hit. Keeping Marrone, today surprised the heck out of me...T

GuyIncognito likes this.
  3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Whiskey, anyone can beat anyone anytime.

SF defeated NO, GB, SEA, barely lost to BAL, but lost to Atlanta (and NO also lost to Atlanta).

Three teams are 13-3, and SF owns the tie break over the other two 13-3 teams....because they defeated both of them.

4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's obvious the owner is satisfied with sub-mediocrity, otherwise that coach would be sent packing the instant the 4th quarter ended Sunday.

Oh well, that's one less team my 9ers have to worry about next year.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think that Brian Flores will get some consideration, for guiding a team that everyone thought would be a bad joke to 5 wins and a winning record in the season's second half.

tomc likes this.
  6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Bucky Brooks says Brady is the worst qb in the playoffs and has the stats to back it up.

Yet no one has the experience of Brady and Bellychick in the playoffs. No one.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    2001 playoffs he threw 1 TD and 1 INT entire post-season. Won SB.

2018 playoffs he threw 2 TD and 3 INT entire post-season. No TDs in SB. Still won.

I'm sure they'll be fine as long as they can get practice footage of the other teams. ;)

With that happy early new year everyone. :)

AceMaster and PhilNotHill like this.
  8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Experience is critical in the playoffs, especially in the one and done scenario of the NFL. This gives the Pats a distinct advantage over any other AFC team playing next weekend in terms of a deep run into the playoffs. On the NFC side, the teams without a bye are reasonably experienced in the post season with perhaps the exception of Minny. I think the injuries to the Eagles and Seattle will play a big role in limiting their chances of advancing to the conference championship...T

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You have a valid point. And everyone thought they were tanking.

They defeated NE, in NE, when a bye was on the line for NE....NE NEVER lose that game.

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Unlikely. Maybe Saints have the best shot although Seattle, Minnesota or Buffalo would be plesant surprises.

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Seattle has Wilson, so they cannot be counted out entirely IMO. But, BeastMode or not, the Shawks top RBs are done for the year from what I understand.
    Minnesota has Cousins, so they CAN be discounted entirely. He has good tools, but will have to prove to the F-chat faithful he can win a big game before I get excited about the Vikes
    Buffalo - good D, but their O is too limited, although if they could add a WR1 and good TE, they seem the most likely folks to dethrone the Pats from their annual AFC East cake walk.

Happy New Year everyone! Best wishes for 2020 for all of you...T

12. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Vegas odds yesterday had Ravens favorites. Titans longest shot. I like Brees and NO this year. Eagles 50-1. Pederson has done a great job the end of the season even though injuries have been with this team since week one. To be fair, Perderson also coached some total clunkers, including the Miami game that I had the misfortune of viewing in person (and the great Thursday night game I witnessed in GB) . And getting beat by the Lions at home...and the Falcons.
    Eagles are 50-1 shots and this point and home dogs again vs. Seattle. Russell Wilson can carry his team and the game, and I think he will need to do that to prevail over Philly, which as I write has: 3 starting WRs out. One of two best TE in the game doubtful. Pro Bowl RG and RT out. Starting RB out and # 2 (Sanders) doubtful. 3 of 4 starting DBs out and two CB out. Whisky, the magic of the Philly Special was that Foles called it on the sideline, and was a 4th down play you'll recall. I really hope all the NFC East teams get healthy and strong next year, including your Cowboys Tom. Likely to be 3 new head coaches in NFC East. Rivera will be good for Washington with his military discipline, but, let's face it, ownership is the main problem there.

PhilNotHill likes this.
  13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The worst QB is tied between Josh Allen and Ryan Tannehill.

14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I taught you well :D

tomc likes this.
  16. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Shaka Khan only cares about two things: making money, and getting a new stadium (which in turn makes him more money)

17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Since you have experience living there, do you think Jacksonville is a good football town or does it surprise you you still have team?

18. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yes, experience matters, ask Minn in the 70s and Buffalo in the early 90's.
    Problem is, SO FAR, just stop Edelman. This season.
    Oh - and play better. Buffalo...

That does not matter, it was still a typical play, nothing special about it. And i LIKE Philly.

19. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    My hope is Miami adds a great RB and just keeps playing like
    they did the last half of the season. They were fun to watch, just
    like Tenn was.

20. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    it's a great college football town...

I'm really surprised the Jaguars haven't moved. fan support is pretty bad, almost as bad as STL at the end.

my suspicion is, Khan is going to ask the city for $500mm+ for a new stadium in the next 12 months (this is a quid pro quo to get him to build an entertainment district adjacent to the stadium).

if he doesn't get what he wants, I bet you start hearing rumors of the team moving.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  21. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    For sure. As you mentioned a few posts ago, the Jags are definitely the number 1 team that has been talked about as would be the team to move to London.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #2897 Whisky, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    I apologize, i don't mean to downplay it, I am just tired of it being called
    the greatest trick play ever devised.

To where?
    SD won't build him a stadium, London won't happen until they get more teams in Europe,
    i don't think San Antonio will build him a stadium. Would St Louis????
    Nowhere to go? Nowhere big enough to support it, that is.
    Mexico City?

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think they need a lot of parts on O and D after the decimation of last off season, but they got a promising young coach. Might be worth combining some of their draft capital (3 first round picks next draft IIRC) to jump to the top and snag Burrows? Fitzmagic not Rosen seen like long term solutions at QB...T

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    San Antonio is most likely IMO among the ones you mentioned. But, I don't know how likely even that would be...T

25. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Not while Jerry's still around. It was pretty clear from what I've heard locally, that Bob McNair and Jerry Jones controlled Texas and there would be no teams in Texas on their watch. I believe McNair was head of the Finance Committee as well.

tomc likes this.