Front/Rear 360 Disc options? | FerrariChat

Front/Rear 360 Disc options?

Discussion in '360/430' started by LeftCoaster, Dec 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LeftCoaster

LeftCoaster Rookie

Oct 31, 2015
    SoCal
    Looking for a sensible after-market brake disc to put on my 360 (F1, non ceramic), something like the slotted Stoptech discs I put on my 911. Have checked the usual online shops etc but not finding anything. Girodisc is a good option which I am considering, just looking for any other suggestions.

Thanks --

tifosi101 likes this.
  2. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    550nitis and ShadowLAP like this.
  3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I have StopTech rotors, but think the hats are no longer available, only replacement discs. They are floating pin design and lighter than OEM. Unless you’re trying to win a concours with originality, something equivalent to the StopTechs are the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

one4torque likes this.
  4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tifosi101 likes this.
  5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Superperformance in uk have discs and pads at reasonable cost

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Those are OEM (Ferrari/Brembo),I think he's looking for upgraded.

Fort Worth 360 likes this.
  7. LeftCoaster

LeftCoaster Rookie

Oct 31, 2015
    SoCal
    Thanks all for suggestions & pics, going to stick with stock for the time being and upgrade to either PFC or Girodisc when I can.

FWIW, now using Motul 660 fluid and has helped a ton with fade based on a few track outings in last 12-18 mos.

Happy new year.

8. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    get Brembo OEM rotors, only $100 pere corner.
    as for fluid, get SRF. a little expensive, but you don't need to bleed them as often. Motul 660 is good for track, except they require more bleeding.

550nitis likes this.
  9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If you get from superperformance in uk, you will get a good price with the exchange rate

10. LeftCoaster

LeftCoaster Rookie

Oct 31, 2015
    SoCal
    @bellwilliam, thanks for info -- will take a look at SRF for fluid.

Can you point me to your source for the Brembo discs?

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brembo-09-7267-50-2x-Brake-Disc-Set-Pair-Perforated-Vented-330mm-Ferrari-360/233312948092?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They are all over UK car parts sites if you search for the Brembo part number, I prefer to use ebay just so I have some stateside recourse in case there are any issues. Price is about the same either way with shipping.

Be forewarned though...the centers are not painted like the "Ferrari box" versions. Not a big deal, they will just accrue surface rust unless you paint them yourself prior to install.

12. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Great thread. Love my car but the brakes are just terrible. Any suggestions of what can be done to upgrade these. I don't like the look of slotted but as the op says it's tuff to find.

13. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
  14. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Did this improve the braking?

15. LeftCoaster

LeftCoaster Rookie

Oct 31, 2015
    SoCal
    FYI that there are big-brake kits available for the 360, check TireRack ($4-5k range) and I'm sure others. My relatively uninformed opinion/guess is that without going to a larger front disc (as most performance cars are designed) the gains from mods & upgrades are going to be incremental. So depending on how you are driving your car -- optimize with rotors, pad composition, brake fluid. I found the latter made a big difference for track sessions even before doing anything with rotors or pads. I'm sure others out there have informed opinions as well. Enjoy.

550nitis likes this.
  16. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Thank you. I'm just city driving and canyon carving. No track but I can feel the brake fade and that the brakes are just not the best. Was hoping a set of floating disc, new pads, stainless steel lines might help. Love big brake kits but then need to upgrade the wheels to 19 I believe.

17. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    You should not be experiencing fade in that kind of driving. I have done many track days with OEM brakes and they work fine. Have you done all of the usual things, like change to fresh, high boiling point fluid and bleeding the lines? What pads are you using?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

jcurry likes this.
  18. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Really kinda the same lol.I dont race so it was more for the look

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

19. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Thank you for note, yes I change the fluid every year along with the oil change. The pads I am not sure as they came with the car when I bought it two years ago.

What do you recommend? Go with oem pads and a better fluid? Add the ss lines?

20. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My experience is that oem pads are more than sufficient for light-med track usage (HPDE lapping). I could get ABS activation running Hoosier slicks all day long. I now use StopTech 309.10530 pads just because they are about half the price of OEM (Brembo), and no change in performance.

Need4Spd likes this.
  21. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Can you tell me more about the stoptech? More dust, noisy? Same bite as stock?

22. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    No noise, a little less dust, and no discernible change in bite from stock. This is with stock rotors.

Need4Spd likes this.
  23. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    IMO, stock pads are okay for tracks without heavy braking. but will fail miserably on track that requires deep braking.

FYI, bigger rotors and track pads with fades after repeated braking. But it has nothing to do with braking distance if they are not faded.
    Tires are what stop the car (in distance). Get good tires, any of super 200tw tires will work for both street and HPDE.

24. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Try Motul 600 or 660 and StopTech Sport pads. The pads have good cold bite and don’t fade in even light track use. At least for me. I also have SS lines, but the brakes were fine before them. The SS lines will improve feel, though.

jcurry likes this.
  25. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    That’s my experience with them, too. Note I said light track in my other post. If your track has really long straights with tight turns at the ends, you will need bigger brakes to absorb the higher heat. But that means bigger wheels, etc. Fortunately for me, the tracks nearest me are technical tracks with mostly shorter straights.

550nitis likes this.