Is the shooting brake being phased-out? | FerrariChat

Is the shooting brake being phased-out?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Rnt, Dec 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rnt

Rnt Rookie

Dec 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Raj Thaker
    Is the Gtc4 Lusso being phased-out or will it be replaced with a newer shooting brake?

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    What I heard - which could be challenged of course - is that production of the Lusso is terminated (actually stopped) and I do not think there is a similar car in the pipe line; I guess the awaited FUV will supposedly address the same market while expanding the target.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Its a shame really, IMO it is an awesome car. I like everything about the FF and Lusso. If only they priced them more realistically I bet they would sell a bunch more and the depreciation would be minimal. If they truly stop production then I see the Lusso's start to hold their values after the initial hit.

4. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Reports from my dealer is that the depreciation has bottomed out on the Lusso V12 now the only option for a 4x4 F car is the proposed SUV which to many is the wrong way to go. I wouldn't mind betting that once the initial hype of the SUV has fizzled out people will come to realise what a fabulous compromise the Lusso is.

All things to all men, an elegant gentlemen's Ferrari imo

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I toured the factory Dec. 13th and there were no Lussos on the production line.

6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sad. Guess I will keep the Lusso very long term then and extend the warranty. No interest in the SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otakki, Caeruleus11, ScottS and 2 others like this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Maybe in the end then both ff and lussos won’t plunge much further then. Good for us owners I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otakki, Caeruleus11 and Boomhauer like this.
  8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So only SUV or SUV and new 2+2 a la 612/456?

9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’m closing in on a Lusso. Very excited.

10. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I've looked at the whole market to try and find an alternative (academic exercise) and for the life of me there is absolutely nothing out there that even comes close.
    Bentley, OK but really not a drivers car, the earlier continentals needed a tiller rather than a steering wheel.
    Aston, OK but the only one worth having is the new DBS but even that doesn't tingle
    Lambo, No
    Porsche, No, too small for my needs
    Porsche Panamera, Stodgey handling, well built with good performance but not exciting
    Merc, don't want a taxi

So, all in all I'm very pleased I have the Lusso and I'm sure you will love yours.
    Happy New Year

11. Lightening

Lightening Rookie

Oct 20, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ken Gee
    Go for it..........even my wife - no petrol head and she has never said this in 50 years- loves the Lusso and forbids me from even thinking about selling it!!! That’s some recommendation. But it is better on the open road than around town, size wise.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    That is sad, was that on both the V8 and V12 lines?

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You know after I posted that I was thinking I remember the V8 line, but I didn't see the V12 line. However, I saw a number of 812's and no Lussos. So I don't know if they are not producing them, but I didn't see a single one on the property, and I saw many body shells coming in from the paint shop.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks Paul.
    Looks like the rumours are true then
    To me it's a great shame, the shooting break configuration really works for us.
    I can't summon any enthusiasm for the prospect of an FUV.

15. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My guess is down the line,after full depreciation, the Lusso/last of the shooting brakes, is going to increase in value. Probably not enough to make them great investments, but enough that those buying them after depreciation, will be very happy.

16. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Listen to Chris Harris podcast talking to guest Harry Medcalfe ( Harry’s Carage ) both agree FF is there car of choice if they had to choose just one car..

otakki and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    FF and a 95 F355 basically gives you the entire 1970+ ferrari experience excluding the f40.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    If this is true, then you would think that Ferrari would pull the model and the configurator off of their website......It's still there, I just configured my dream car. :)

Jim

19. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Nah. Can still configure F12 also. They’re out there forever.

Love my Lusso......

635CSI likes this.