Testarossa Price Trends | Page 147 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

But u got free girls with it though ;))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    That was the Lamborghinis! ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shark01 and BOKE like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    someone shld buy the 92 512tr on BAT...

blkdiablo33, MOSS and BOKE like this.
  4. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Add to that a shrinking pool of younger buyers who don't care about gated manuals, classics, or even owning cars for that matter. No sense of nostalgia with the Instagram generation.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Won’t meet reserve...the last one from
    Cnc bid to like 140k, didn’t meet reserve and now McLaren of Scottsdale as it and they can’t like 225k for it lol

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I actually don’t believe In this. Markets are efficient over time. Dinos wld be 50k if this were the issue

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks to this thread!!

Natkingcolebasket69, MOSS and BOKE like this.
  8. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    No ****. You’re in the market, you’re not, or you’re a blowhard.

Natkingcolebasket69 and BOKE like this.
  9. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I don't know, Dinos are much lower production and have also seen a sig. fall...the Tesla/electric car effect it having a tectonic shift in the market.

Shamile likes this.
  10. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    3,569 Dinos were built and there were only 2261 of the 512 TRs. Of that, only 408 512 TRs were delivered to North America.

xplodee likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Maybe. McLaren Scottsdale say they are carrying a full major+new tires since it was last on BAT. Still disconnect seems real between the 140 bid from
    Various ppl
    On BAT and the now 225k ask. Hopefully they get a buyer at that price.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

. Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    exactly. And it took time even for the Dino. People wrote them off as not a real ferrari, only to appreciate it later. There’s no way to know the future but a Dino is a great example of how markets can change over time.

The only risk to the TR long term is the electric car industry and any regulation that goes along with it. But this risk exists for all vintage cars. We will see what happens.

13. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    This isn't about predicting the future whatsoever. The market sets the price today and in the future. There are more 1984-1991 Ferrari Testarossas currently on the market than there are buyers. Poor cars sell cheap, and the best cars don't come to the market at all. "Cheaper to keep her" applies. Ferrari made too many 1984-1991 Testarossas, and they will most likely never be collectible with very few exceptions. Collectible cars of all marques usually don't hit their value stride until they are 40-50 years old. Standard production cars under 40 years old from most marques are just "used cars" for the most part and should be evaluated and priced with that in mind. People are buying a driver, not a time-capsule at the prices being discussed in this thread.

The concept of EVs or regulations that would affect the values of collector cars is inconvincible to me, and I am an EV advocate.

You quoted my post regarding 512 TR production. It has nothing to do with the present or future prices of 1984-1991 Ferrari Testarossas. Ferrari 512 TRs are genuinely a separate market, IMHO. As far as predicting the next market in flat 12 Ferraris, my opinion is that the 512BB and the 512 TR are currently sweet spots and are positioned and priced to appreciate over time. If they don't increase in value, a smart owner will have a great time owning and driving them at a low cost of ownership. A carburated and injected Ferrari flat-12 fits well in any collection.

Please read Brian's post below. All you need to know about the valuation of these cars are in his post.

14. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You said free girls

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A lot of guys growing up in 80’s just now hitting stride in earning years and they will still be able to push a clutch pedal for the next twenty years. I’m biased but the 512TR is positioned. It’s only slightly better than a Dino;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    a dino is not a ferrari - a dino is better :)

vonbeeler likes this.
  17. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    #3667 MOSS, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    I agree with Shamile and Boke on their assessment. On another note there is nothing wrong with loving your TR and being excited about
    owning it and actually quite the contrary, there is everything right about it. But being paranoid everyday to the point you have to
    discuss its value or collect-ability is kinda sad. Don't worry about it. Chances are that if you bought your car after the jump you are heavily
    upside down if you resale expecting to get what you paid. Probably a good chance a handful of owners bought when they were low and if you are
    one of those you missed your window on making some good money on a resale by now. Everyone has an opinion and that is what feeds a car forum.
    They are fun cars for sure but in no way an investment car for the reasons Shamile and Boke mentioned. Its funny watching members trying to reassure
    themselves that they did well on their purchase and build a case for the "smart investment move" they made. If you plan on keeping and showcasing
    your TR, then there is no way you paid too much so relax. If you bought it to enjoy and plan on flipping it then probably not the best investment vs return move. My philosophy is buy your car and enjoy it. If you lose some money on the resale then chalk it up to the price of enjoying it while you had it. Not many of us are great car salesmen or dealers and have to make a living on the profit of such. Think about it as if you rented it. Now that we covered this, the Thread can be shut down....:):) Lol

18. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    BTW, for anyone that thinks I was serious about suggesting shutting the thread down, relax and don't take life too seriously. I was only kidding. This thread will never end.

19. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    512 TR on BaT with 16K miles just sold for $150,000+$5,000 commission. Seemed like a pretty nice example.

A screaming deal or the new market? I think it is the new market.

ChipG likes this.
  20. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It’s a good deal for that car given it’s mileage and what I can make out from the pictures. I would just want to verify the condition in person. The main problem is finding sellers of the 512 willing to get down into that range. Now that the car is gone there are none listed any where near that price point. And you can’t get any of them down to that point either. It’s definitely a point towards where the market is at today.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep kicking myself on that one! My budget was right around
    That and I thought it would not meet reserve! 150k
    For such low mileage it’s pretty good... I don’t
    See how those dealers will ever sell those other overpriced examples at least currently

Zeff likes this.
  22. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes, and you already know the answer they will just sit there as they have been. They are not even within range to make an offer.

23. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If that was your budget why didn’t you bid. :rolleyes:

Shark01, BOKE, MOSS and 1 other person like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

I thought it wasn’t meeting reserve and kicking myself for it!

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    That sucks no one here bought it. Is it a clean car? No stories?