360 spider won't rev when rolling | Page 12 | FerrariChat

360 spider won't rev when rolling

Discussion in '360/430' started by ForTax, Jul 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmarchjr

rmarchjr Formula Junior

May 21, 2012
    North east, USA
    Can you confirm the engine is running on both banks of cylinders? Many times the ecus have issues and only start one bank 4cyl, the other not starting. In this case the car will preform exactly as your video shows.

A cheap laser temp gun aimed at the headers after initial startup will tell the story. Within seconds they should be up at 300-400 deg F, if just over 100, there's no fire in those holes.

2. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    I will try, but I doubt that one cylinder bank is not working... If that was the case, there would be a check engine light... Here there is none! Furthermore, I have experienced how it is when 1 cylinder bank is not working, when the Vescovini box for the cat temperature failed, and there was SLOW DOWN with only 1 cylinder bank working... Cheap fix and back on track..

3. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    Dear @360trev , according to the very interesting post of Aldous @voicey below:

https://aldousvoice.com/2018/12/30/ferrari-360-exhaust-variator-operation/?blogsub=confirming#blog_subscription-4

What are the main failures of the variator ?
    Gears or splines are wearing ? Spring is tired ?

And what about the solenoid (part #195086) and the cam phase sensor ? Nobody changes it ? Never a failure ?
    Thanks for your feedback :cool:

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i had a solenoid failure and it throws a code. replaced and all fine

tifosi101 likes this.