Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 117 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #2902 SoCal to az, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    So I pulled the 4100 pound number out of thin air? Or was I responding to what someone else posted?

Go ask that person about their “off base” comments.

The point about you having one post is to point out that as a new member of the community it’s not the best thing to immediately attack a member. Not a great way to ingratiate yourself to the membership I would say. Your post would would have been received much better had you simply left off the antagonistic tone and the words “off base”

But then what the hell do I know.

Welcome to fchat and I hope you do more than just start arguments for no particular reason.

Gh21631 and Astrid.Didier like this.
  3. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Ferrari has a history of underreporting official curb weight. According to autodaynews, the hybrid system alone adds 595 lbs to the SF90’s overall weight. Given that no recent regular production Ferrari has managed anywhere close to a sub-3,000 lb curb weight and the SF90 has electric motors at all four corners, it seems highly unlikely that it weighs only 3,400-3,500 lbs.

https://autodaynews.com/news-features/2020-ferrari-sf90-stradale-maranellos-most-powerful-road-car-is-a-986-hp-awd-plug-in-hybrid/

Gh21631 and Shadowfax like this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Day355 a very well informed forum member with reliables informations from factory insiders already stated that the car will weight 1886 kgs with fluids .
    We just have to wait ..

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    it doesn’t and considering nsx, i8 and 918 that weight is not out of the realm

6. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    “It doesn’t“? Am I missing something?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I think that’s a more realistic weight.

7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Ferrari quotes 1570 kg (3461 lbs) as "dry weight" so the kerb weight (even in optimistic Ferrari view) will be at least 105 kg more (what they quote as dry / kerb weight difference for the F8) i.e. about 3700 lbs. Experience tells than actual Ferrari cars often weight another 100 kg more than the quoted kerb weight and then it's already more than 1770 kg or 3900 lbs.
    Power to weight ratio is still no issue but agility may suffer.

willcrook and Shadowfax like this.
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #2908 Igor Ound, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020

Yep, that’s obviously not “at all four corners”, just two corners plus one at the transmission...

9. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Obviously

Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.
  10. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    After a few months, after seeing the SF90 live at the Universo Ferrari, I understood what is bothering me: it has the cabin too far back in my opinion, giving the impression of having a slightly too long front end. If you notice, they painted a sort of black lip on the hood at the base of the windshield. That front would have seemed even longer.

However, it remains a beautiful car

Shadowfax and Astrid.Didier like this.
  11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    ?

12. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Especially if this member has the most beautiful blue Pista in the whole world.;)

SoCal to az likes this.
  13. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    You mean like if it was a front engine car? Right?

Shadowfax likes this.
  14. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    In a certain way, yes. Or rather, it is clear that that setting is clearly of a mid-engine car, but just visually, that kind of bridge that connects the rear wheel arches separating the roof from the engine hood, visually shortens the central / rear part highlighting length development at the front. Undoubtedly this car, especially at the rear, is really something different and has a lot of personality

KenU likes this.
  15. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Still rethinking the design of the SF90, I looked at the J50 for Japan. Et voilà we also have the SF90' Spider or Targa version. I wouldn't be surprised if a version with a removable roof arrived in a few months.

16. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    True, it has a lot of personality (a very negative personality though):confused:

Shadowfax likes this.
  17. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I still think it's a poorly designed car in reality, that sketch looks much more flowing for some reason

Astrid.Didier and Shadowfax like this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Mainly because it doesn't show the rear and the massive hunchback from the side/side rear. I would say it is the most flattering shot i've seen to date but the overhang at the front is inescapable when you look at it closer. It's really quite significant. I would suspect the front is long enough to have placed a straight 12 NA up front and popped the battery pack in the back where the motor currently is and it would have opened up a whole range of design possibilities far better than what they wound up with. The current rear view visibility would be like to peering through a letter box slot where if they got rid of that disjointed arrangement the rear view could have been more in line with a 458 or 488. Anyway it is what it is now....not fixable until the next update provides the opportunity to get it right....which they will surely do once they clear enough of these out to cover the tooling.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    SF90 derangement syndrome on FChat seems to be getting worse, not better. I find it truly bizarre that people who dislike a model feel compelled to spend so much time repeating their position to internet strangers. It’s as if they’re trying to convince others to agree with their views and see the light/be a saviour of their bank account, or they’re hoping the Ferrari design team will react to the criticism of a few anonymous keyboard warriors.

20. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    or just dudes talking....having fun. Maybe its just that?

Gh21631, Shadowfax and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  22. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Nothing new. And your comment isnt either. At every model, there are people who are disappointed and decide to let the forum know once, twice or more because hey, they love the brand and want to keep loving it. Simple really. And then there are people like you who will wonder why they do that. It happens everytime. I dont see anything wrong with it. I dont think they are trying to convince anyone but just venting their disappointment. Because every new model is exciting, and you wait for it for months or years and the excitement builds up as more specs are released and spy photos are shared etc. Some people will love the car, some people will not. Both will discuss.

Bundy, Shadowfax, of2worlds and 5 others like this.
  23. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Fair comments. I look forward to seeing some actual reviews and photos of creative specs so we have something new to talk about in this forum.

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Me as well. Cant wait to see the first journos testing it.

Caeruleus11 likes this.