GTC4 Lusso AVH? | FerrariChat

GTC4 Lusso AVH?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Il Co-Pilota, Jan 4, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Hi guys

Quick question. Can the AVH be shut off and on in the Lusso? Was looking for something in the manual about it, but all there is, is a description of AVH. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the Auto Park function, but the Auto Vehicle Hold function.

Thanks

2. ARM1971

ARM1971 Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    My understanding is it cannot be shut off. I expect you’ve noticed that this parking hold is only persistent for a few seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    ARM1971 is correct the AVH function cannot be shut off. It is programmed into the braking system ECU and there is no way to disable it.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports

4. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Out of interest, why would you want to shut it off? I find it useful when on a hill

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Thanks guys. I would not like to shut if off. In fact, my question was more targeted at avoiding it lol:) Was simply curious as some cars have a switch for it and was just wondering.

Thanks again.

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    There is the usual parking brake switch on the lower left side of the dashboard. If I want to get out whilst the car is running and stationary, I can put the car into N and then pull the switch and it will engage the parking brake- this is good for checking the mail, etc. Just don't forget to leave the key in the car- if the key travels more than just a few feet away from the car, the car will announce its displeasure at the key being too far away in a very loud manner!

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Haha indeed it will. Nothing like having the key in the pocket in a busy street and just popping out to get something in the boot. Yep, everybody will look at the attention-whore in the Ferrari with the horn blaring:D

The parking brake button is great for parking the car with the engine running though:)

Caeruleus11 likes this.