812 Superfast any problems ? | FerrariChat

812 Superfast any problems ?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Gianfranco341, Jan 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I’m waiting my 812 SF . I would like to know any problems you had with this car . Thanks

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    None so far.

Anthony Capone and Gianfranco341 like this.
  3. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    No problems for me.

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  4. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    No real problems, except mystery warning lights occasionally if the car hasn't been used (or on a battery tender) for a while. That seems to be a common issue for various F cars though.

5. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    A few minor electronic gremlin warning lights pop up then disappear after I shut down and restart.
    The only one I wish continued was when the start/stop function inoperable light popped up. Unfortunately it was gone the next start up!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I had total ecm & dash display failure. Shut me down into limp mode (32mph) while on highway. Freaked me out. Dealer took car right away and found knob on battery not turned closed 100% . That little bit caused electrical gremlins that in turn shut me down . Put 700 miles on it since and it has been driving like a charm (knock knock).
    Also I notice that I need to make sure charger connection sits correctly in magnet holder, otherwise the charger doesn't activate.

of2worlds and Gianfranco341 like this.
  7. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Mine's perfect. :)

And to agree with newjoint, manual override of the auto start/stop is part of every startup.

Anthony Capone and Gianfranco341 like this.
  8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    The Biggest problem you will have is finding excuses to take it out for a drive to listen to that engine sound. Enjoy it.

Pedronz, Jordan68 and Thecadster like this.
  9. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    No problems for that . I’m working all the week away from home and as soon I get back I use my sport car . I had Bentley continental gt , Porsche Carrrera S 991 , MB 55 AMG in the past but it has never been like with the last F12 . I was always waiting for Friday to go back and use it . Never done 20000 miles in two years with a sport car . I enjoyed so much : sound , speed , handling , brakes , comfort , beauty all together . I hope the 812 SF will be the same or better . I’m concerned about the real possibility it will have GPF . I personally heard the difference between a 812 SF without and a 812 GTS with GPF . Without it is complete different and much much better

Pedronz, of2worlds and MDEL like this.
  10. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
  11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Mine has been perfect....save for one minor issue: a minor coming from the passenger side area. I can’t source it. Problem is I live 4 hours from my dealer so it will stay unresolved until my first service interval in June. Not a big enough issue to send it down for a special service trip, but big enough to where it’s nominally annoying.

12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Could it be the passenger side seat belt banging around? That sometimes happens in these cars. If so, just buckle up the empty passenger seat!

So far my 812- no problems- everything works very well. The car is so powerful it really can make a mockery of your notion of speed.

Jordan68, of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  13. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    The gas gauge wasn’t working for me and I had to get the sending unit replaced.

JMJ and Anthony Capone like this.
  14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    First thing I checked on the recommendation of the dealer. No dice. It’s a minor disappointment. I won’t let perfect be the enemy of amazing.

15. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Mine has been bulletproof proofs w the exception of a small rattle that comes from the hatch or rear luggage cover. Can’t figure it out....only on rough roads though and I am but of freak when it comes to rattles or squeaks. U will Love it!

Alexcle likes this.
  16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Pretty acceptable/uneventful for a rattle and electrical gremlin in any modern Ferrari. You won't know of any real issues until a couple years on the road at least for a pattern to show up. Most of it is reuse and very successful design. It has the sticky coatings so there's going to be at least that. Annual warranty beyond OEM timeout is $5.6K to $7K unless self-insure. Always get the annuals in especially when they are free. Tires are expensive as a set and batteries every 3 to 5 years (depending on luck) unless you want to spend thousands on a lithium. If you are keeping the car you will feel unbelievably lucky. If not the big D could give you seizures if you believe some folks. :)

17. mgmoore

mgmoore Rookie

Jul 16, 2010
    SoCal
    Took delivery in early November and the car has been perfect.
    Only "issue" is that with so much torque and power it is easy to break the car loose when getting spirited. A great problem that I can live with!

Jordan68 likes this.
  18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    There is an unresolved engine issue they're working through. Keep your powertrain warranty in tact.

19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The rear hatch has adjustable feet which could perhaps help with this. The dealer could adjust them or you could even try.

RamsHmb likes this.
  20. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Please let us know how it is going on

21. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Please can you say what the issue is and if it applies to all 812's?

22. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    What issue? How does it manifest itself? What should we be looking out for?

23. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #23 ryalex, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    I apologize that due to propriety and partly due to my limited technical understanding, I cannot elaborate very much. I'm not meaning to be alarmist, and apparently the number affected is low. My understanding is that it a gasket/seal type issue. Perhaps an 812 owner can share. I don't want to put someone's car out there as the affected one.

Ferrari is stepping up and doing the proper repairs under warranty. Suffice it to say that a warranty contract is cheaper than paying out of pocket.

24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    There is also the issue of the misaligned rear paddle. Some have been using shims and others attempt dealer adjustments. The GTS as predicted did the proper redesign.

25. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Rear diffuser?

ionutand likes this.