Scuderia front bumper cover | FerrariChat

Scuderia front bumper cover

Discussion in '360/430' started by ICULUKN, Mar 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    I like the look of the scuderia front bumper cover better than the regular F430.
    Is there any modification to replace the bumper cover on my F430 with one from a scuderia?

The plan is to fix all the imperfections in my factory one, drive with the scuderia one and replace the scuderia one with factory one when its time to sell.

Do any companies make an 'aftermarket' scuderia front bumper cover?

driller1 likes this.
  2. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I'm eventually looking to do the same thing. I too would like to know from those who have the Scuderia front end on there 430 what's involved as far as fitment?

3. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #3 mwstewart, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Prosport (UK) make the cheapest replica I am aware of. I'm not sure what the options are state-side. AFAIK all are exact replicas and won't simply bolt on to an F430, and to achieve that there is a correct way and there is a bodge (quick way).

The radiator cages on the Scuderia are different and provide more clearance for the front of the Scuderia bumper, which sits closer to the bottom of the body to enable the car to go a little lower - though the bumper does protrude further from the front of the car so its not as much of a gain as it sounds. The upshot is the Scuderia bumper will not fit correctly without doing something.

The quick way is a hack job and involves cutting the the bottom of the bumper to clear the F430 radiator cage front leg. If this has been done it will be obvious when a car is on a ramp, and also some of the lower mounting points will be lost. I don't recommend this way.

The correct way is to install Scuderia radiator cage front legs - which are actually removable. On my car (2008) the rivnuts were already in the body to facilitate fitment of one end. For the other, I fabricated a bracket to join to the F430 cage, as removing the entire thing would be a very disruptive change.

The radiator ait ducts are also unique to the Scuderia and shaped differently to suit the revised air intakes. I had to drain the coolant to fit these but got away without opening the A/C system.

Finally the front undertray is unique to the Scuderia and is required.

All of the replacement parts are lighter than standard.

Most of this is covered in my project thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430-sponsored-yellow-compass-group/465662-f430-new-owner-diary-inc-maintenance-upgrades-9.html
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    Thank you MWStewart... What do you think the entire process cost (minus labor)

5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I bought a new genuine bumper which was £3.3k/$2.6k US.

The cage legs are really cheap - about £85 each side - http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/430-scuderia-spider-16m/bodywork-lighting/telaio-struttura-completa-anteriore-e-lamiere-45712/80307211

Prosport make copies of the radiator ducts, and possibly Exotic auto too, but the genuine parts aren't expensive from Eurospares at £260 each - http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/430-scuderia-spider-16m/bodywork-lighting/paraurti-anteriore-45741/80819700

The undertray was £600, but Exotic Auto Recycling (CA based - I think) make a good replica for less.

6. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #6 Flea7, Mar 17, 2017
  7. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #7 mwstewart, Mar 17, 2017
    No problem. That's it - but I forgot one thing: the lower radiator mountings are different. Same part number for each side and they simply bolt on. Not expensive either - £55 from memory.

8. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Mark,
    Could you go into the air duct replacement where you had to drain the radiator?

9. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sure. The ducts are secured to the radiator pack on each side by four bolts, and to provide enough room to withdraw them I unbolted the front rad mounts, loosened the rear mount, unbolted the fans and removed them, loosened the A/C pipe mounting brackets, and finally drained the coolant via the drain plugs and removed the feed & supply hoses. This provided enough room to remove the old ducts and install the new ones. The side without the A/C condenser is trickier as there is less room.

10. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Hi Mark,
    I'll finally able to start on this project. I know it been a while but do you have the part number of 4 the hardware in the pic. They look like the mounting brackets for the rails.

Thank you, Image Unavailable, Please Login

alvin87 likes this.
  11. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Hey Mark,
    I got the part number for the mounts. Thanks to LorenzoR.

Part #233906 and #194519

12. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Those are both lowers and I think that 194519 is for euro version so usa car is the 233906. If someone can chime in it would be helpfull because i cant tell what the difference would be. To make the change we only need one lower for each side. Im not sure why mark has 4 brackets there. I dont think we need to change out the upper

13. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Lorenzo,
    you are correct. I'm understanding it this was according to Eurospares.

233906 = lower mounts for US
    194519 =lower mount for righthand drive (GD)

194530 = upper mounts but replace by 242995 . The replacement number 242995 is labeled as 430 challenge upper radiator support.
    They are, I believe, the same for Scuderia, 430 challenge and F430

14. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Thanks for clarifying those part numbers. This is great info for anyone installing a scud bumper

15. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    An excellent upgrade, thanks for sharing

16. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I replied to a PM but here is the info:

Upper (same for F430 and Scuderia)
    242995 RHD & LHD

Lower (Scuderia specific)
    233906 LHD
    194519 RHD

17. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Hi Mark, What if your putting a euro version bumper on a usa car. Does the same apply

18. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The US bumper is heavier due to a larger crash brace but the actual mounting is the same.

19. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Thanks for the clarification

20. Felix Yuen

Felix Yuen Karting

Sep 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Felix Yuen
    Wow this is good info ..sorry to bump an old thread but it gave me some lights to my conversion