430 - Suspension Failure (scanned) | FerrariChat

430 Suspension Failure (scanned)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ricambio, Jan 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambio

Ricambio Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    Hello,

I'm having a message in the tachometer display of a car lifted on triangles, while I did scan it, got few DTC from engine banks due lower voltage and the following codes:

Car has the trickle charger always, but I will have to look at the battery state health to be sure is up to the task, however this happend few days just after I raised the front suspension for a bout 1.5 cm (about 0.5 inch) to clear the obstacle and ramps with success. I can't think of this action made, that result in a suspension failure because these cars, AFAIK, doesn't have height sensors for active handling control or the like, so it might has been a coincidence or bad luck.

Anyways, I made a report, erased all the DTCs and took for a spin, car ran perfect and nor message in the tacho display. Got in into the shop and scanned it again, although, this time was with car running and got these two quoted DTCs again:

Appears that the NFR means the ABS module and the B1005 is active because sense the problem from the NFR missing signal...(found this thread ) but like I said, i erased the faults and came back after a spin arround the block.

There's any specific sensors or contact that I need to look for to solve this issue?

Thanks

2. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Have the battery tested. Spurious suspension errors are usually related to low battery voltage, especially at key-on.

whatheheck and Ricambio like this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jacking up the car on one corner will often set the suspension lamp on Ferraris if the ignition is cycled while she is raised. Sometimes even parking on an uneven surface will set it off.

one4torque and Ricambio like this.
  4. Ricambio

Ricambio Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    How so? How can sense that? G sensor? Anyways, in my post that I described above was done on a flat surface .

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    CAN transmissions can be interrupted by voltage issues. It is an area I have seen many troubles with Optima Red Top batteries. Also when firing the car up with a flaky battery CAN communication is sometimes delayed causing system warnings on the MFD. Every system on the CAN expects communication to be established in X amount of time and when that does not happen it sets warnings.

Skidkid likes this.
  6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yep, OP started with an error from low voltage. I would ALWAYS start with that on these cars.

7. Ricambio

Ricambio Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    Allright! Found a cheap battery installed, non AGM type with god knows what CCA could have (doens't say). So I'm getting a BOSCH AGM with arround 850CCA and we will see how it goes. I will report back later

Thanks for the info and suggestions.

JaguarXJ6 likes this.
  8. Ricambio

Ricambio Karting

Dec 30, 2016
    Just to UPDATE. Owner has been driving the F430 for a complete week as DD car with new AGM battery with 760cca (is all what we had here in the size) and is running flawless, so yes I can confirm the battery is key for this system to not trigger any fault.

Thanks for the suggestions! very appreciated

Flea7, whatheheck and John_K_348 like this.