360 Factory Battery Tender connection | FerrariChat

360 Factory Battery Tender connection

Discussion in '360/430' started by newwurldmn, Jan 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    Hi everyone,

My 360 came with a Ferrari branded battery maintainer (with the special connector). Someone (maybe me or my wife) accidently threw out the battery maintainer and connector. my local Ferrari dealer is asking almost $500 for the branded kit. I want to buy a CTEK charger (for like $100) and see if I can buy the connector somewhere else. Ebay has a few. But I can't tell if is the same one.

Can someone take a picture of a connector so I can see what it looks like.

Here is the connection that I see on my car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Just use the battery connectors you get with your new CTEK - you'll struggle to find anything compatible

Plenty of threads all over this site expanding on the same issue if required

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    Thanks Bob and Grey,

I am currently doing this: maintaining the battery behind the passenger footwell but that involves screws and clamps that are annoying to use. Perhaps I will do what is in that thread you recommended.

Good point about the hood - even if I kept it closed, I would have to open it each time I wanted to drive the car.

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    That is a standard locking DIN connector. They aren't that hard to find but they will come from an electronics source and not Fry's.

6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    No, that one fits the 599 and 430; not the same. I have made a few of those. The one you posted looks like the one on the 612 and I posted a link to the connector about 6 months ago. There are a few different connector variants and a bunch of sizes. First, search for my post, it shouldn't be hard to find. Second look at the spacing of the pins and slots to verify it matches.

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That connector only goes with the ZIVAN charger that was optional up until around 2007, when Ferrari started including a CTEK maintainer as standard. Early 612s had ZIVANs optional, too.

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    #9 Need4Spd, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    If it were my car, I’d ditch the old style unit and just install the CTEK comfort connector to the terminals behind the seat. That is what I did in fact.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

EastMemphis likes this.
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    This is not what came with the car. What came was the Ferrari Branded CTEK one. I don't know what connectors came with it before it got thrown out. Its possible it was purchased by one of the subsequent owners after the original owner.

10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    Thanks. I found your post. Soldering seems like a lot (as I am not handy at all). It seems like if I can't buy a plug then perhaps I should use the solution others here have recommended.

11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I believe the pins are crimped but if you aren't up to it I understand. Under the cover behind the driver's seat you will find a + terminal and a ground point. You can just undo those bolts, attache the pigtail to your charger, put it all back together, and leave the pigtail hanging out of the cover. Then you can easily plug in any time. It doesn't take much effort (10 min job) and you don't have to clip, un-clip, etc.

12. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    J- CTEKs did not come on 360s from the factory. A previous owner fitted one aftermarket.

How do you throw out a battery charger? Understandable if your wife did it.

13. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    If you must know, I bought two cars around the same time: this 360 and an SLS AMG. Both came with trickle chargers. Earlier in the year I ran over another trickle charger. I think I put the sls and 360 trickle chargers in a box under the destroyed one. I think our nanny threw away the box thinking that it was only the damaged trickle charger.

14. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    OK, that made me laugh. My house cleaner 'helps' often and I spend weeks looking for something; occasionally never finding it.

15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    J- Some days are just like that. My housekeepers have destroyed all the diecast models of aircraft I flew in the USAF, so I feel for you.

16. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    I might try that tonight.

17. Sled Driver

Sled Driver Formula Junior

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    I have a NEW USA style OEM Zivan charger, with the cords, manual & leather case FOR SALE, if your interested. PM me

The benefit of using the existing connector/charger?

If you try to start the car with the charger connected it displayed a battery charger connected symbol on the dash & inhibits starting. No driving off with it connected.