Cannot believe this car is goin up for sale | FerrariChat

Cannot believe this car is goin up for sale

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by henrygondorf, Apr 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    why cant you believe it/ is it the six figure detail job?

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    My 2 cents- Time moves on and Mr. Vince has decided to part with the car for possibly some personal reason. Car looks nice in the photos. Maybe six-figure detail job really refers to $6,000 which would be a little more plausible. Since the car was driven for 18 years, "detailing" might have been more than a wash and wax job.

3. henrygondorf

henrygondorf Rookie

Jan 7, 2015
    NOLA
    I think he got his numbers wrong, so it cost about a $1,000. but his wife is having brain surgery. Sad news

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I just want to say the Platinum Award bottle of wine, from FFQC 2004, sits proudly here, on my book shelf.

We took my beat up #22641 straight off the road from Oregon, on to New Orleans, and after a wonderful event weekend, Vince sidled up to me and my fiancée, and quietly put the bottle into MY hands, as kind of a "Spirit of the Event" gesture. We had big adventures that weekend!
    Best left unsaid......;)

No finer man, IMO, and no nicer example of the model is to be found.

My recently deceased Uncle Charlie dealt with Ferrari of the South in Jackson, MS, they put him into a 246 Dino.
    So this was the Factory Dealership, of the time period in question.

Best of luck, Vince
    I think you still have my phone number!
    Alan
    #20405, #22127, #22641.

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    When??

Thoughts and prayers, and all good wishes sent for her recovery.
    Alan

6. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
  7. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Charlie as in Charlie Kemp? A member of the Road Atlanta Flying Circus (along with Mark Donahue & others)?

8. ms tifosi

ms tifosi Rookie

Mar 4, 2014
    Just a little bit of history. Ferrari South (not Ferrari of the South) did not come into existence until 1984. It was previously known as International Motor Cars, Inc. which was owned by the late Sam Scott and Mr. Kemp. Really interesting 308 with lots of lineage in the south.

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Appreciate the correction!
    As a 246 it would have been International Motors, then...his practice was in Jackson, MS

10. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    Wow, that brings back memories.... If I recall correctly, International Motors was located on Gallatin Street Jackson Mississippi. Also, they were a Saab dealer. .

11. Dla

Dla Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Jacksonville FL
    Full Name:
    Lee Anderson
    Kelly, if you are reading, Lee and Claudia Anderson send their thoughts and prayers ( 1988 328, lived in Mandeville). That is a great car with many happy stories.
    Lee

12. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    My first ferrari was GTSi #31311 built in March 1980. It was the second US Spec 2V injected car built. Not to split hairs but #33701 is a long way from #31309 which was the first 2V injected GTSi. So to say that this car was one of the first 2V cars is a little off if you ask me.

13. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Man I hate to hear that he is getting rid of it. I showed up to the FQC as a early 20 yr old kid in a Acura Integra with my fingers crossed just to get to watch all the action. 10 minutes later I meet Kelly and off we go in that car. First time ever getting to ride in a Ferrari and I will never forget it. Best of luck to him and his wife...a real good guy.