812 Superfast any problems ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 Superfast any problems ?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Gianfranco341, Jan 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Yes. The active part always showed a bit low on the driver side. Many were told its just how it is but some got it shimmed straight or did it themselves. Not sure if it was corrected for the SF but the rear diffuser is re-designed for the GTS. Its not a big deal but for me was easy to hyperfocus on. Every car has its quirks.

R J and RamsHmb like this.
  2. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    The painted diffusers suffer more from the wonky problem. The carbon diffusers, based on my observations alone, seem mostly straight.

tickerhound likes this.
  3. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I’ve ordered my red 812 with a black diffuser . I don’t like the painted diffuser , it looks like something added afterword and not professionally made . This is of course my personal opinion . I find it better in black and it suit to exhaust boxes .

jpalmito likes this.
  4. F355GTB

F355GTB Karting

Jul 9, 2012
    I have the same problem..

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My observation on the diffuser is the early cars were a little off but every recent car I've seen- painted, not painted, CF, whatever, they are all on straight.

Jordan68 and Thecadster like this.
  6. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Mine too has a few annoying rattles. Tough to know the source. The first sounds like rattle in the dash - right side near the A pillar. Only bumpy roads cause this. The second is a slight occasional rattle or buzz from the rear parcel shelf again over bumpy roads (although this one seems to have rectified itself the past two weeks). I only noticed these because the car is otherwise so quiet and civilised from a road noise perspective. Not sure I would notice these in my Aston or other cars as road noise is so high by comparison.

The third is a buzz - which can be pretty loud - from the central part of the dash - the sound emanating from the air vents in the centre of the dash - but this only occurs at certain rpm (currently around 5,800 rpm, but has the trigger point has been increasing over the past few weeks. It used to trigger at 3,700 ish rpm, then mid-4s, now high 5s). So something is resonating in there and it is pretty annoying. Will send back to dealer for a look at service time if does not rectify itself.

Thecadster likes this.
  7. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    My driver seat rattles at certain position.
    I have to move around to minimize rattles but can not eliminate it.

I guess I will live with it since service says it will be a huge job to take out seat and disassemble and reassemble just for rattle.

My 812 GTS will have racing seat. I don’t want to deal with rattle again.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have a 19 SF with 500 miles and I too have a rattle in the rear hatch area. I have not found the issue yet. I also had one warning that the parking sensors were obstructed. It went away with a restart.

I also had a crooked rear diffuser that really pissed me off. The dealer told me they all are like that. I fixed it myself and needless to say, I don't use that dealer any longer.

9. Sean@TAG

Sean@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 25, 2015
    We absolutely loved our 812 N- Largo. Even with the heavy modifications no issues at all :)
    Sadly, she is gone to make some room for a few new projects! Enjoy yours and congrats!!! Be sure to let us know when it comes in and we can help you with some impressive mods!! Click our logo below to check out our extensive gallery.

10. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Same here. Mine arrived late spring last year, and according to the dealer, it was the last one he got with the skewed diffuser, and the subsequent cars were all correct.

11. Netpark

Netpark Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2012
    I had the rattle in the rear hatch. Got one of the first 2018’s.

12. Mike2335

Mike2335 Rookie

May 24, 2015
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Brakes wear out faster than tires on the track. Less than 300 track miles and front brake pads are worn. I understand the track is hard on cars but your brakes shouldn’t wear out faster than tires. It’s not my primary track car but wanted to have a bit of fun. Will have to take it easy if I take it back out.

13. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    For those of you with the back hatch rattle, how far back is it coming from? Mine is a fast vibration sound coming from around the passenger side speaker box.

14. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    I removed and refitted the parcel shelf a couple of times (errr ... three times). Making sure it was correctly/perfectly aligned. Seems (for now) to have removed parcel shelf rattle.

Thecadster likes this.
  15. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I am now a year into ownership.Only done 4000 miles but hope to do more this year.
    No real issues.
    Had a tyre pressure light on for a while which was annoying but if I had bothered to read the manual I could have cleared easily.
    I have never put battery on charge and as long as I have been driving the car it is fine to leave for at least 14 days.
    I think the biggest problem with these cars is that owners do not drive them enough !!!

Alcav5 likes this.
  16. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm in that camp. 7 months of ownership and 400 miles of driving.

17. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Genuinely not a criticism.We all buy for different reasons and have different time constraints.
    I buy to drive and find the cars perform better if used.
    I am probably wrong !!!

18. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I don't think you are wrong. I think machines work better when used on a regular basis.

19. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    There is a problem every time I come out of a corner and low gear in race mode or even sports mode at times the back of the car drift like crazy.....i have done 1700Km in 60 days :)

klinkman likes this.
  20. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I had a F12 before , not yet a 812 , I will get it in few weeks . Most important thing is to warm up tyres . If tyres are not warmed up you are spinning like crazy due to excessive power

21. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I stated earlier about the electronic gremlin of the start/stop feature being disabled. It unfortunately has come back to life and I have to periodically disable it myself

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Has anyone discovered how to disable the annoying speed warning that arrives around 80mph on UK cars? For track use, of course...

23. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I am not sure you can. I watched a video of someone reviewing one built for Dubai and it annoyingly did that and he commented that it wasn't possible to disable it.

24. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    It is possible to increase the point at which the alarm goes off. I have mine set to 80mph so that I know I’m in ‘big fine’ territory but you could equally set yours to 130mph for example (aka jail) :)

see owners manual for how to do it. I recall the car needs to be stationary at the time

Lukeylikey likes this.
  25. Qdog458

Qdog458 Rookie

Apr 18, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    I agree, I had the F12 as well before the 812 and you really have to get the tires warm if you don’t want spinning even in 3rd gear... going to switch to Michelin cup tires for me next set.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app