F12 Owners in Los Angeles with Capristo exhaust | FerrariChat

F12 Owners in Los Angeles with Capristo exhaust

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Shamsta, Jan 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Any F12 Owners in Los Angeles have a Capristo X-pipe and muffler installed? I'd love to hear the sound in person before I do the mod. I don't want to potentially ruin the perfect F12 setup, but I keep reading the Capristo is the best aftermarket setup that enhances the already amazing experience.
    Any help appreciated.

2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    What about IPE?

Sent from my 16M

3. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    My prior F12 had IPE exhaust from prior owner which is why I want to mod the exhaust on my '16. I haven't heard anything bad about IPE but I've heard capristo is better.

4. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I want to be there too when that thing lights up. I am thinking of getting an F12 but drove one and it was too quiet for me.

5. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    I know this sounds contradictory to my entire thread, but over 4500 RPM the engine starts to wake up and I would never use the term "quiet". When you're in traffic, in Auto, under 4500 RPM, and you're wife is sitting next to you, that the vehicle is quiet. Also, down shifts are uneventful when you're not pushing hard. Hence, Ferrari's original plan when designing this GT car. It all depends on your driving and traffic conditions. I think I just talked myself out of the need for an exhaust mod. :p

6. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I Guess no exhaust auditioning then.

7. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    Haha. I won't change my mind that quick. Still want to hear a modified version before I cancel my plans.