I've been reading about adding Ferrari fender badges | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I've been reading about adding Ferrari fender badges

Discussion in '360/430' started by saudio, Sep 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Probably most important is the self adhesive on the back. Some of the currently available "emblem tape" is a little to thick for my tastes and it shows too much of itself at the edges of the emblem.

If I were to do it, I would slightly counter sink the head of a flat head machine screw and epoxy them onto the emblem backside. A nice flush fit will go a long way to a clean near factory look.
    But of course if you want them removable without any trace, that's not the way to go.

f355spider likes this.
  2. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Have ordered these. He has 100% positive feedback on Ebay, all presumably from Ferrari owners. I feel pretty good about this purchase, given that I don't want to permanently modify the car. Thank you all for this help.

brookliner7 likes this.
  3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think shields are cool. Since now it’s almost a mandated option by Ferrari I also think it’s very cool when the cars don’t have them. If your car doesn’t have them, rather than cutting it for them why not consider doing something that maybe even more special or cooler and ad really good NART logo on it. This could be decal or painted. You don’t see it that often and it is amazing.

tfos750 likes this.
  4. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Houtie, may I ask what method you used to remove the badges? Did you just carefully pry them off? Or is there a technique to removing them without paint damage? Thanks!

5. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm afraid I'm not enough of a risk taker to put something out of the ordinary on my car just yet. I only want the shields because, as you say, almost every Ferrari has them, and I do like the way they look.

crinoid likes this.
  6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Understood. Have you considered having them painted on? That’s an option on all new Ferrari’s. Then you don’t have to cut your original car.

7. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans

Who and where could you find someone to paint them?

8. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I do not wish to hijack this thread, so could you please send me a PM with the details? I personally have shields on my 360 but it would be great to have this information, such as, does this price cover everything (i.e. the paint work, etc.)? Thank you.

9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Their are guys who do this. Think about the classic cars that are restored. I don’t remember the names of the artists but they’re out there. When ordered on a new car it’s an option as well.

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Use waxed dental floss. I did it, worked fine, though it is time consuming. You use it with a sawing motion back and forth. Probably took about 20 minutes on each side. I had to replace mine do to damage caused by a detailer...but Yoshi felt it was a fault in his product, so he sent me free replacements and explained the process for removal. Worked great, no damage to paint. After removal I used some 3M automotive adhesive remover to get the last bits, then polish and installed the replacements.

Before you install, make sure you measure a car with factory badges and the get the position exactly right.

11. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Completely agree with F355 - I also used dental floss to remove the shields. I also used a hair drier beforehand to soften the adhesive - obviously not too close to the paint. That way the sawing is a little easier . One off i used a clay bar on each panel to remove residue and there was no discernible marks. I believe you'll be impressed with Jim's workmanship overall - I have sourced dead pedals and floor grilles from him and never been disappointed. I believe he's based near Denver. Would love to see pics once it's on!

f355spider likes this.
  12. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    PM sent.

13. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Look for an airbrush artist...the guys that do skulls and flames on Harley’s and hot rods, goalie masks etc.

14. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Premier did mine, excellent work, they have a cool way to form the recessed area for the shield that involves no welding.

the shields alone are pricey, used for about $5-750 is market. plus the work to install and paint

15. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you! Yes I'll be very careful with positioning. Mine arrive Tuesday. Hopefully.

16. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Never considered that and not sure I would because A I don't think any 430s were produced that way and B it's permanent. But if I had a model that others had been produced with painted badges it would certainly become a viable option. By the way, curious about your name. You a scuba diver?

17. Andrew Oldroyd

Aug 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Thinking of doing this to my F355. Any chance you could post some pics of how yours turned out? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    Is it just me who likes without Shields?

my F430 has them but if i could choose - i´d skip them. Much cleaner without badge:ing

Bob in Makiki and EastMemphis like this.
  19. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Please don't take offense (because none is intended)...but I'd buy a different car with the OEM shields before I'd do all that to a car without them. And I'd not buy a car that had that done to it. Different strokes for different folks.

20. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano

Absolutely beautiful work! Bravo.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if an f40 is missing its shields its an issue. for any car after, the shields arent all that valuable at the end of the day. a 599 stick shift is gonna trade where its gonna trade. missing shields on a 360 - who cares.

brookliner7 likes this.
  22. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
  23. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans

Attached Files:

BAD430BENZ and SoftwareDrone like this.
  24. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    JaguarXJ6 and LorenzoR like this.
  25. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    How much did they charge for the work? Do you have any pictures of how it came out?