458 Dead Pedal - from Hill Engineering | Page 6 | FerrariChat

458 Dead Pedal - from Hill Engineering

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ricambi America, Feb 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    You will not be disappointed....
    Ray,

2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Can someone post a link on the pedal, will need it for my soon to arrive spider.

3. Raridreams

Raridreams Rookie

Nov 14, 2019
  4. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
  5. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    So I tried to install my new dead pedal in my 2013 458 tonight. After several tries to get the d@mn screws in, I finally had to give up. They do not seem to align with the holes well. I’ll wait a couple days until my back stops hurting and try again. Any suggestions that might help align the frackin’ holes?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Also, the dead pedal doesn’t seem to align with the left side shape of the footwell. I expected it to be a better fit.

7. Raridreams

Raridreams Rookie

Nov 14, 2019
    I will attempting the install in the next couple weeks when I get the car back - I'll update this thread on any tips I may discover.

8. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Trevor, I got my dead pedal a few weeks ago. I removed the old rubber dead pedal, but from reading above, others have left theirs on. Of the supplied screws, I ended using the shorter screw for the top and longer for the bottom. The aluminum dead pedal does not match the curvature of where it needs to go. After affixing the top screw, I used the longer bottom screw to align and tighten down so that the pedal bent to match curvature. I thought this was a 5 minute job, but it took much longer than expected. Good luck!

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  9. Raridreams

Raridreams Rookie

Nov 14, 2019
    Finally got around to installing my Hill Engineering dead pedal. The look and finish of the pedal is a 99% match to the OEM pedals. Pretty straightforward install, just working in that tight spot was a PITA. Mine came with several screw options - I used the longest ones.

I ended up installing it on top of the factory rubber pedal. Not sure if that is the preferred way or not but I noticed that if you don't use the rubber pedal underneath the fit wasn't as good plus you would see some open holes through the Hill pedal left over from the empty retaining pin holes. Mounting it on top of the factory rubber pedal solved both of those issues and looked factory. The screws don't sit perfectly flush with the Hill pedal surface but its so minor you would have to get up close and personal with the pedal like I was to even notice. Overall very happy with it!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

DefunctNeurons, Nsd991 and evo3 like this.
  10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I installed in place of the factory rubber (which I removed) and it's perfect - on a 488, which is exactly the same as 458

11. evo3

evo3 Karting

Apr 21, 2011
    Switzerland

That looks really good:)
    I have it too, but I added also that for the passenger.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Baitschev likes this.
  12. Raridreams

Raridreams Rookie

Nov 14, 2019
    @evo3 what does the passenger dead pedal mount to since there is no factory pedal there? Do you just screw it into that carpeted panel?

13. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Where did you purchase the passenger foot rest? Looks quite nice!

14. Raridreams

Raridreams Rookie

Nov 14, 2019
    What does the Hill passenger foot rest mount to since there is no factory part? Do you just drill it into that carpeted panel?

15. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Yes sir...the carpeted panel is thick and will hold it in place when you fasten the screws with washers. Doesn’t come in contact or interfere with the battery or the panel fitment. Pretty oem looking

16. Lovedriving

Lovedriving Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Eric D'Amours
    I have a 2011 458 and the dead pedal rubber seems to be glued and not screwed. Do any of you have the same set up and if so, how can the metal dead pedal be installed? Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    I screwed my dead pedal on top of the rubber...most of us preferred it that way for a snug fit. May be try to pry the rubber off??

18. Lovedriving

Lovedriving Karting

Jul 14, 2018
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Eric D'Amours
    Thanks. I’d like to screw it over the rubber too but my issue is that I don’t want to drill holes...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Use double sided tape strategically:)

Lovedriving likes this.
  20. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I used Gorilla Tape from Amazon on my 430. It's crazy sticky stuff.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Lovedriving likes this.
  21. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    I got my driver side dead pedal today and when I looked at the rubber piece in the footwell, I noticed no screws holding it in.
    If I pull the rubber off, I am wondering if there are any attaching points for screws underneath? I suspect not, and I am a little
    freaked out at the proposition of drilling holes into the floorboard. Anybody else have this same issue?
    I guess the double sided tape fix makes the most sense.

22. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    When I installed the dead pedal recently (looks beautiful!) it was a PIA. 2013 Italia - had two screws holding down the rubber original plus a couple rubber plugs under the pedal. I tried for a while to install on top of the rubber pedal but it would not line up. After waaaay too long cussing and scaring my wife I finally just ripped the rubber pedal off and relatively easily screwed in the new pedal. Moral: don’t fight it, rip that sucker off and see what’s underneath to attach to.

23. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Same here. I got some Gorilla double sided tape and cut thin strips vertically and a few horizontally and applied it directly onto the rubber piece. Couldn’t pull it off after I applied it. Even with the rubber piece still under the new dead pedal there is still plenty of room to stretch my left leg. It looks ultra cool.

24. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Wow, I am now answering my own questions. I guess I am getting senile!!!

SECRET likes this.