458 - What does “ one service coupon remaining in nqs “ mean ? | FerrariChat

458 What does “ one service coupon remaining in nqs “ mean ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by hardhattg, Jan 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hardhattg

hardhattg Karting

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    timothy gould
    Just reading recent annual service paperwork and saw this. Anyone know what this means exactly ? They charged me 958.00 for the service ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The NQS is your instrument cluster. It keeps track of all of the services that have been performed on your car (provided that the technician updated the NQS when the service was done).

Ferrari in their infinite wisdom only provided the NQS with a limited number of spaces for services that can be stored. It varies from car to car, the 612 only had spaces for 6 services, your car maybe has 8 service spaces. I can't remember, but you can look at the NQS parameters on a Ferrari diagnostic computer and see what mileage and date each service was done.

After all of the services spots in the NQS are full, (depending on the car) the service reminder system stops working. On a 612 you just get dashed lines when you look on the dash as to when the next service is to be done.

I can only guess that Ferrari thinks that your car is now obsolete and it is time to purchase a new one.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Performance

brogenville and of2worlds like this.