348 - Toolkit not included in Swiss cars? | FerrariChat

348 Toolkit not included in Swiss cars?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Kasimir, Jan 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kasimir

Kasimir Rookie

Dec 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Kasimir den Hertog
    I'm looking to buy a 348 in Switzerland. It's a Swiss car and it looks very good. But I noticed the leather briefcase with tools was missing. It only has the gray pouch with tyre foam held by a leather strap in the front trunk.

The seller does not know where the toolkit is, it wasn't there when he got the car. He suspects the toolkit might not be included as standard on Swiss cars. Is this true? I've asked a Swiss Ferrari dealer, they say they do not know whether it was included or not. Isn't there any documentation that can prove this?

2. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    I am very confident in saying all Swiss cars of the period were delivered with the toolkit (various kinds, see below).
    I have owned several Swiss 355/360/550/575 (not a Swiss 348) but they all came with the correct toolkit.
    Remember you can easily spend over 1000 euros getting the correct toolkit, use it as a bargaining tactic to get a more favourable price.

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/348-1993-tb-ts/accessories/equipment-vertical-bag-23688.
    https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/348-1993-tb-ts/accessories/equipment-horizontal-bag-23687
    https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/348-27-motronic/interiors/tools-equipment-41201

Wade and Rifledriver like this.
  3. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    also it should be in the hand book, which comes in a leather pouch with all the other books - make sure you have this as well

4. Kasimir

Kasimir Rookie

Dec 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Kasimir den Hertog
    Thank you for your replies and for confirming it should be there as standard - I couldn't really imagine why it wouldn't.

Yes, I also checked for the leather pouch for the booklets, this one is included and bears the 'Schedoni' mark, so that's a check.

And yes, I already brought it up as a bargaining point. The price 'new old stock' I found was something like 3000 euro's, a used one in the range of 1000-1500 euro's.

5. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    All models sold worldwide were and are equipped with a toolkit. So indeed it is correct what 275GTB stated. I do have some correct 348 toolkits available. And located in the same country :)!

6. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    I can vouch for Elder, great Ferrari man, trustworthy and honorable, with a lovely collection of tool kits and other items. Bought many items, always a pleasure to do business with.
    cheers
    Mark

VetroresinaNL likes this.
  7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Lots of items were pilfered from most Ferraris over the years. Even the tool kits were "parted out" (items sold separately). Owner's Manuals sold off as well.

8. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Remember, it's not a 348 tool kit if it doesn't have the ratchet, extension, universal joint and spark plug socket.

One example:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

VetroresinaNL likes this.
  9. Mr348

Mr348 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Roberto Piacquadio
    Hi, I’m in need of a full tool kit for my 348. Do you still have any available? Thank you

axarunner likes this.
  10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Send him a PM