Another best worst list | FerrariChat

Another best worst list

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ferrarium, Jan 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Just ran across this, 5 Ferraris on the list, 355 is #15. It's a rudimentary criteria that is not designed to actually help but uses common conceptions as some fact based yardstick. Absolutely zero actual edfoet. Its unfortunate in that that people see this and think it's some official definitive list.

Only thing worse than blow hard music critics that love to hear themselves paddle on, is click bait car editorials in print or video. They are everywhere these days. Sigh.

https://www.thethings.com/classic-sports-cars-that-are-worse-than-you-remember-ones-that-are-timeless/

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Sami likes this.
  2. Sami

Sami Karting

Jan 28, 2012
    No one reading that list can keep a straight face when they see a 300 sl on it. The article as a whole is just click bait. Utter garage.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

EastMemphis and tomc like this.
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It's shameful, but many people shopping will find it and read it and take conclusions from it.
    The 89 viper is timeless? But is it, really?

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Sami

Sami Karting

Jan 28, 2012
    The 355 is on a list that also has a 300sl, E type, Countach and Miura mentioned. I’d say it’s in good company.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

michaelz likes this.
  5. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Haha my writing was of better quality when I was in 2nd grade. Regarding the "Pre-1990 Porsche 911":

"But there have been some duds in the field, most notably the 966 series, which even Porsche lovers won’t touch. While newer models are terrific, the older 911 can be lagging in power and speed compared to other cars. thanks to that air-cooled engine. Not to mention the handling can be an issue at higher speeds, so it’s better to go with a modern 911 than a classic.

I think the author was drinking while writing up this drivel. 966? They got paid real money to write this crap? Didn't read the rest of that garbage.

6. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    996's are on the rise, actually.

sjd

Sami likes this.
  7. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Worst vehicle I ever owned is my new diesel, been in the shop 3 of 4 months I had it. Lemon law ing that sucker

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    "Many sports cars fail to stand up in quality by today’s standards. Every car has its followers, but these ones have too many issues to ignore anymore."

Just wait 'til autonomous, electric cars are the standard.

"Many sports cars require a driver capable of making decisions without consulting Facebook or Twitter."

9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I'll also add as a 308 GTB and 355 spider owner, that while the 308 was never very quick, doesn't and never did handle all that well, and had marginal brakes; and an unsorted 355 has it's problems, the 308 and the 355 are two of the most beautiful designs Ferrari, or any manufacture, ever produced. The 308 was always pretty bullet proof and once sorted the 355 is as well. Minor issues are just nuisances for the un-enlightened.

EastMemphis and QSA like this.
  11. Guss23

Guss23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Jason Sharkey
    I can't stand these stupid lists! Where do these guys get off? I have restored over 100 Deloreans (Deloreans are much better cars then they are given credit for) and have worked on dozens of sports cars and my list is different then the next guy based on my experiences. Sports cars, by nature, are not made as daily drivers. They require special maintenance than other cars. Anyone who creates a list like this should be required to own and maintain these cars himself! If they have not, they don't deserve to have an opinion!! His basis on his list is completely based on hearsay and conjecture (the way modern media seem to roll these days). My Ferrari experiences have been nothing but positive. These cars do require additional maintenance as do racecars (what the designs are based on). If you appreciate the fact that our series of Ferraris were designed to be modular which is an incredible engineering accomplishment. My 348 is the most well engineered car I have EVER worked on and the most fun to drive. I would much rather work on, and drive a Ferrari then a Corvette and I have worked on and owned and driven both

Bertil likes this.
  12. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    A well sorted f355 is an astonishing car. Think 993 twin turbo. That same f355 well driven in the right circumstance can embarrass modern supercars. The f355, there is no speed at which she isn't ready to pounce. Lets face it, by 150mph the jurys out anyways.

13. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I guess it depends on your definition of sports cars compared to exotic sports cars. Certainly the Miatas I owned were daily drivers as were my Z3, my Boxster and my Cayman S. I have friends who have Corvettes that are daily drivers. None require the maintenance really any different than any other sedan. On the other hand, while neither is a daily driver, neither my 308 nor my 355 have required much maintenance other than fluids as I am not paranoid about belts breaking. In 35 years I've spent less on the 308 than some have spent on a single 355 major with all the (unnecessary) while you are in theres. In 7 years the most expensive repair to my 355 was to replace an MAF which actually cost less than the MAF I had to replace on my Z3.

And the article complexly misses the point of why you buy an exotic sports car.

14. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    So he says pre 1990 911s then goes on to bash the 996? I think his dates are off. I happen to agree though the 996 is fugly and the worst car Porsche has ever sold next to a 924.

I found a pic of the so called “journalist”
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    don't worry....consider the source.

thethings.com is a click bait trash.