Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 132 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    right up there with dream lines but that is another story...;)

Gh21631 and Shadowfax like this.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3277 Shadowfax, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    I think dream lines is appropriate name for them. I'm sure there was some joking and laughing in the dept when they came up with the idea along with the price tag and, name. It's like an option to choose when nothing else satisfies in differentiating one interior from the other. And Ferrari will charge you accordingly for that "dream to be different! I was recently told the cost and it is hugely exorbitant.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    the dream lines are too subtle compared with other livery choices that are on offer. Too much like fender stripes on a Rolls but full credit to the Rolls person who applies it 'free hand' with real talent and pride in his work!

Bundy, Elisesko and Shadowfax like this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Nothing that couldn't be done with a role of pin line tape really. Personally I find the steering wheel is already far too busy. Love to see just a central horn button manitino toggle and suspension setting button and call it a day. The rest can go back in places better found by touch..

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Black or otherwise, I operate from the notion that the less visible plastic on a car, the better.

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That could be one of the first customer cars in Europe ;)

of2worlds likes this.
  7. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Interesting point. So have F8’s actually been delivered in other parts of the world? Has anyone on here actually taken delivery?

8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Dealer advised that F8 March allocations set. Delivery June.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Just to explain where I was coming from - the temporary plate on the Monaco car does not appear to be a dealer's plate, and so far all other cars seen over Europe had been (to my knowledge) initially the factory cars and then the dealer demo cars.
    In France my guess is that the first deliveries will be in March.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    This Monaco car should be a dealer car for instance (single W registration) while the WW is typically for sold cars waiting for the final registration (the system has some similarities with the french system).

Garretto and of2worlds like this.
  11. ale75

ale75 Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    Silver car is a demo of scuderia Montecarlo
    Black car with temporary blue plate was delivered before christmas ,and I confirm that is a first customer car in Principality of Monaco

of2worlds likes this.
  12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Such a good looking car!

jim g, stavura, ScottS and 1 other person like this.
  13. Sonny812

Sonny812 Rookie

Aug 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sonny sankary
  14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Can anyone translate the video? Maybe cliff notes?

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #3297 Caeruleus11, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Click on the "CC" button at the bottom of the video player and it will give you English subtitles. :)

The reviewer says he loves the look of the car, its very emotional for him.

He says you can feel the engine grunt even at low revs and part throttle- thats how good the Ferrari turbo engines are. Super smooth and no turbo lag. Feels like a gigantic NA engine. And its super involving to deploy- very impressive. More revs= more aggression, just how you want it.

He says steering weighting has increased. He says its more natural feeling now, and the steering feel is "wicked". Tremendous front end grip.

He says the gearbox is really fast and has kicks between gears, and thats the "Italian way".

He likes the hard pedal feel of the brakes.

And he says the overall driving pleasure is "just so intense because it pulls like crazy"

--------

Having driven the F8 for a good hour on back roads that I know in my area, I agree with his review. It's a really fabulous supercar.

16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    How can that be? This F8 is yet another version of 'yesterday's news' now- the old worn out V8 Italia platform...;)

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The answer, my friend, is that good ol' Maranello Magic. They really are that good. When we talk platform- are we talking the frame of the vehicle, or are we talking the suspension, and other associated bits. The engine couldn't be more different from the 458. And the transmission is likely improved. As I bet are all the other parts. It just goes to show you shouldn't buy anything on specs alone. You have to look at the experience it provides. Maybe the basic structure of the Italia was capable of handling so much more and thus, its still entirely appropriate to use it. The proof is in the pudding as they say, and from the pilot seat, the F8 is "aces" and theres nothing "worn out" about it- except the tires when I was done driving it (I know you were being tongue-in-cheek about "worn out")

stavura, of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Indeed; some think the new LB will somehow make irrelevant and sweep away all the merits of the old V8 cars in their many and varied editions. All of this accomplished by presenting a new body shape covering a smaller engine that is missing two cylinders and I would say missing some motor refinement to.

Caeruleus11 likes this.