My 812 GTS Ordder: Questions & Advice | FerrariChat

My 812 GTS Ordder: Questions & Advice

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Elegante, Jan 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Elegante

Elegante Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    Dubai
    Dear All,

Have ordered the GTS. Stiching/accents are reversed but not shown. Titanium wheel bolts to be added. Have an 812 (similar specs/colour etc.) but the "hit" I am already taking (on the 812) is ridiculous. I am not going to lie; it's bothering me! Am in Dubai and the amount of "exotic" cars in the secondary market is for me, concerning. Everything is available and at great prices. Low mileage and by that I mean 100km! Curious if this is the the same everywhere else. Delivery expected end of October. Are most people exchanging?

Attached Files:

Coindalorian and of2worlds like this.
  2. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Rosso 70- awesome! My 812 is that color. I decided to pass on the GTS, mainly because of the GPF issue and I want a Pista. I currently have the 812 and a Speciale, will be keeping both when I find a Pista. Not interested in the F8 or SF90.

Elegante and of2worlds like this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Astute choice, Happy Hunting!

tickerhound and ppg70 like this.
  4. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Yup big depreciations here too.
    Feel your pain with those hits.
    Nice spec though , I like all the carbon inside
    Keep the smile , remember one bad investment could have the same effect as the hits and you would have no reason to smile.

Elegante and Jordan68 like this.
  5. Elegante

Elegante Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    Dubai
    Thanks guys. Test drove the F8. Offered the spider for October/November delivery. Have to say, loved the drive...the stiffness of the steering and connection to the road!

maximilien likes this.
  6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Congrats :)
    If you can afford it (and consider it's worth it), don't care about depreciation and just enjoy...
    In my case, after months of being doubtful about depreciation as reported by US observers, I experienced first hand how bad the situation is becoming in Europe (for the record, now second hand Pista can be bought for about MSRP, which means the first buyers are actualy losing money on them, considering unrecoverable registration fees and consignment commissions).
    So much so that I really question the sense of buying a new car when few years old ones (like my 2015 488 GTB) are offering unmatched value for money.

Elegante and Thecadster like this.
  7. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Is the 812 difficult to get for a first time Ferrari buyer?

8. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Save yourself $150,000 and get a 15 month old one

Elegante and Thecadster like this.
  9. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Will the GPF issue be in US models as well?

10. Elegante

Elegante Rookie

Aug 18, 2015
    Dubai
    Not sure about US but in Dubai/UAE all new models will have GPF issues. However, I was told a new 812 Superfast will not as it is grandfathered here. Unfortunately, am trading in!!